Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

Sometimes it's about finding the player to fit the system you want to play rather than just signing anyone and everyone. Brighton are the masters of this as they seem to have a production line of players coming in that just fit their style of play

• Paid Members

All week in Poland, both curiously and annoyingly, I’ve seen a fair few Liverpool fans. So yesterday was hilarious.

On 8/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, air_raid said:

James Maddison is a baller. That’s all.

Our second best player yesterday after the VAR ref.

• Members

There is no doubt it was a horrendous mistake, but as per usual, some Liverpool fans have absolutely shit their pants again.

Replay the game? Can we replay the 2019 CL final? The Pedro Mendes goal? Do they want to play that beachball game? Can I replay my life?

Absolute plebs. A couple of them have started talking about the return fixture and "marking it down now" and blaming Spurs?

"Can't believe their celebrations, embarrassing!" Absolutely correct. A 96th minute winner should've been marked with Porro calmly shaking the hand of Bissouma and a small, almost sorry, fist pump.

Can't wait for the Anfield fixture actually. We will have the league done by then so they can give us a guard of honour.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Replay the game? Can we replay the 2019 CL final? The Pedro Mendes goal? Do they want to play that beachball game? Can I replay my life?

It's hilarious, if the didn't replay the World Cup Qualifier between France and Ireland in 2009, this isn't even getting into the top 10 of miscarriages of justice. Still when you're both battling out for fourth in the spring it would be hilarious if that was the defining margin, just to watch Liverpool fans heads explode once again. 

55 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

"Can't believe their celebrations, embarrassing!" Absolutely correct. A 96th minute winner should've been marked with Porro calmly shaking the hand of Bissouma and a small, almost sorry, fist pump.

This feels like a continuation of the whole "celebration police" thing that was levied at us last year.  I think all footballers should celebrate like mad when they score, or win anything or any game. Fuck it, when did everything have to be so serious. Football is meant to be fun. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

No, that was fine IMO :)

I take it back, it's the greatest misjustice ever to blight the good name of football, they should replay the game and dock Spurs 10 points for general twattery against the nations favourite team. 

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

There is no doubt it was a horrendous mistake, but as per usual, some Liverpool fans have absolutely shit their pants again.

Absolute plebs. A couple of them have started talking about the return fixture and "marking it down now" and blaming Spurs?

Can't wait for the Anfield fixture actually. We will have the league done by then so they can give us a guard of honour.

You getting your football interactions from Twitter and Talk Sport?

Not a bad weekend to drop points given our only rivals dropped points too. Can see it being a tight season between City and Liverpool this year with Spurs making it interesting until they Spurs it away at some point. Arsenal haven’t impressed me, Chelsea are gloriously shit, United are back to their post Fergie best and Newcastle look about the same. I reckon it’ll be City, Liverpool, small gap then Spurs, Arsenal and Newcastle giving it beans in a close race. Is this the season 5th gets you Champions League?

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Nope, not just that, but people, actually human beings,  I know. Madness.

Some of you lot are alright on here I suppose.

In the wild no less! I hope they don’t get broken when their train home to Norway drops them off.

I don't think we have European football thread, but fucking Hell.

Smashing PSG 4-1 in the first home Champions League game in 20 years is unreal. Half of the starting 11 were here when we were in the Championship and 2 local boys scored, couldn't be happier.

I'm the last week(ish) we've won 8-0, knocked City out of the cup (playing a weakened side) and stuffed PSG. Good times on Tyneside.

13 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I don't think we have European football thread, but fucking Hell.

Smashing PSG 4-1 in the first home Champions League game in 20 years is unreal. Half of the starting 11 were here when we were in the Championship and 2 local boys scored, couldn't be happier.

I'm the last week(ish) we've won 8-0, knocked City out of the cup (playing a weakened side) and stuffed PSG. Good times on Tyneside.

Aye absolutely unreal in that stadium tonight! Especially buzzing for Lascelles. He was the one that took control of the locker room when we hit rock bottom, from Burton Albion in the Championship to pocketing Mbappe in the Champions League!

Got to share tonight with my young'un, something I'll treasure for sure!