Ruud Gullit’s Sexy Football 2023/2024 Domestic Only Thread

Mr_Danger

3 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Ahhh OK, hadn't heard that. Fair enough 

All good. Not official, but looks and sounds about as done as it can be.

I think when this sort of conversation comes up we all naturally assume women must be interested in taking a job in the men's game. Maybe she's just not that arsed? 

US job is as big as it gets in the women's game and then she can come back and finally get to be her true COYSCOYSCOYS self :)

Severe Red warning issued by the Met Office for North London tonight for tears around a M. Arteta's residence.

VAR did all it could to rule the goal out, we know they fuck around with the curvature of the ball these days so from whatever angles we can see we just don't know.

Arsenal were nowhere near good enough to win the game tonight regardless of that, cam cry all they like about losing 3 points, at best they've lost 1 as they weren't winning that, they weren't good enough.

Havertz could arguably have been sent off in the first half as well. Great win for Newcastle, most entertaining was Arteta crying about it. Couldn't happen to be more deserving bloke.

Edited by Doog

You'd cry if it was your team on the wrong end of that, but I'm not gonna cos my team was on the right end!

But yeah, spicy game. Havertz should have been sent off, but arguably Bruno was lucky not to eat at least 2 yellow cards. That said Rice and Jorginho were both doing their best to bait him into stuff, so what do you do?

Anyhow, fuck it we've established ourselves as a club worth watching. There'll be the usual 'Burnley upon Tyne' shit coming but it's not like Arsenal came to play football on their last two visits to Newcastle so fuck 'em.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

There'll be the usual 'Burnley upon Tyne' shit coming

Burnley of Arabia is the nickname du jour. 

5 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

it's not like Arsenal came to play football on their last two visits to Newcastle so fuck 'em.

At least no one lost their heads during the game.

VAR should have ruled the goal out as it went out of play. We were not good today, nor were Newcastle.

The Havertz challenge was nothing bad, rightly a yellow card and nothing more. Guimaraes sould have been sent off for his hit on back of Jorginho's head in the first half. 

It's okay though, let Newcastle United fans dream about trophies, closest they'll ever get to seeing them even with all the money behind them win in my lifetime.

Won the same amount of trohpies as Arsenal last season, dare say it'll be the same this season (community shield doesn't count).

People can chuck the Saudi Arabia stuff around all they like, but the fact is a lot of the big club fans just don't like another club challenging them. It's alright saying how much they like Newcastle when they're shit, deserve so much more etc, but when they actually challenge its all, LOL never won a trophy etc. Just don't like it up them. 

Newcastle are here to stay, the money isn't goirng away, but even without that Howe has transformed the club. Longstaff, Joelinton, Shchar, Murphy even Lascslles now are much better players since Howe arrived, the money spent has improved them but its hardly been a Chelsea style spending spree, little by little a giant is being built and it'll only get stronger. Unless you're due to die within the next couple of years I think you'll be very wrong about the trophies Newcastle will win.

Edited by Doog

6 minutes ago, Doog said:

Won the same amount of trohpies as Arsenal last season, dare say it'll be the same this season (community shield doesn't count).

People can chuck the Saudi Arabia stuff around all they like, but the fact is a lot of the big club fans just don't like another club challenging them. It's alright saying how much they like Newcastle when they're shit, deserve so much more etc, but when they actually challenge its all, LOL never won a trophy etc. Just don't like it up them. 

Newcastle are here to stay, the money isn't goirng away, but even without that Howe has transformed the club. Longstaff, Joelinton, Shchar, Murphy even Lascslles now are much better players since Howe arrived, the money spent has improved them but its hardly been a Chelsea style spending spree, little by little a giant is being built and it'll only get stronger. Unless you're due to die within the next couple of years I think you'll be very wrong about the trophies Newcastle will win.

Yes, you did but thankfully in my lifetime I've seen Arsenal win more trophies then you've had hot dinners.

I never said you deserved anything when you were rubbish, you are better now and so you should be with the investment put in.  You challenging for what? 

We know the money isn't going away and Howe has done a real good job and deserves plaudits for how he has improved a lot of footballers you already had at the club. You think your a giant club? Lol, now that is hilarious, I'm not dying anytime soon and I'll be around for many years to watch you do what is the norm and win absolutely nothing.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Doog said:

People can chuck the Saudi Arabia stuff around all they like, but the fact is a lot of the big club fans just don't like another club challenging them. . 

It's alright lads, let me talk to him. He needs someone that's been there before.

Listen, I'm a Chelsea fan. I've been there. You're just pleased the club is being well run and doing well, and more power to you. And in 20 years time, when you've won the Prem and the UCL and are in a three way race with City and Norwich after they got bought by China, it'll be great.

But the jokes about the blood money won't stop. You'll say they're just jealous, but deep down, you'll know they're not. You'll know that the charges stick. You'll feel a little bit of revulsion every time you think about it, like that time you sat next to the snotty kid  who used to cack himself at school because he had a playstation.

It won't go away. You'll just have to learn to live with it.

And them some Americans will come in and blow everything up. You'll suddenly be awful but at least you won't feel as bad about where the money comes from. And that'll feel worth it. 

One day, I'm sure it'll feel worth it.

Edited by Duke
Formatting

8 minutes ago, Duke said:

You'll say they're just jealous, but deep down, you'll know they're not.

Most of my family are Chelsea and my cousin, who has been there since the days of them in Division 2 and all the shit the club went through, says the chant that hurt the most when Abramovich took over was "You're not Chelsea anymore"

He says he hated that one as he knew it was true and he feels the success was slightly tainted for him (yeah sure all those leagues and CLs were painful to win. Boo fucking hoo)

Look, we are all human beings and have different feelings about things, and to be honest, I don't know how I would feel if Spurs were bought by someone massively dodgy and then we won loads.

I suppose I will just have to cope with being majority owned by a massively shady tax dodger and win the league this year under him :)