AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I can see that getting hit with Dynamite 2.0 as a criticism. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing as Collision was running on fumes and needed an injection of fresh faces. How much of it was simply to sell All Out and or is it about to become the norm time will tell.

I’ll cut them some slack, because obviously plans were changing once a decision was made on Punk. So I’ll give them a few weeks before saying it. 

23 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Big Tony reckons they have a contingency plan if Punk isn’t available that would ‘satisfy’ fans. So you have to think Hangman, really. Unless Daniel Bryan’s arm is good enough to swing a strap.

”You wanted a strap match with the Dragon, Starks? Well, be careful what you wish for…”

Spoiler

Many a word said in jest.....

Was surprised how much insider info you got on this point! 

• Paid Members

My favourite Colliders are Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley and Orange Cassidy. Fantastic pivot with The Dragon, phenomenal promos with Mox and Orange. These are my boys. Always there. Always delivering. Always carrying this company through the shit. Never making Tony Khan fear for his life.

Selfishly though, if Danielson was healthy enough to compete tonight, then I’m incredibly annoyed we didn’t get him at All In! Almost as annoyed as Nigel McGuinness, who got some brilliant digs in.

Fun show. Good idea to heavy up on The Acclaimed, as their positivity is a great anecdote to the negativity of this week.

Danielson is a nice touch. I reckon his surprise return was going to be their big moment at All Out, to cap off a big week for the company, but here we are.

Jay White might be my favourite wrestler. He’s certainly in the running. The man never has a bad match.

I think with the Real World Championship in the Metaphorical Bin, they need to start getting Max across both shows as World Champion. Collision feels a bit lifeless at times, because there’s nothing to aspire to - previously it felt like the only thing to aspire to was a match with Punk, but now he’s gone they need something.

Jay White and Samoa Joe should be high up the queue for big feuds next. They’re both great.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

with the Real World Championship in the Metaphorical Bin, they need to start getting Max across both shows as World Champion. Collision feels a bit lifeless at times, because there’s nothing to aspire to - previously it felt like the only thing to aspire to was a match with Punk, but now he’s gone they need something.

If they put the TNT title on someone important and really push it then there's no reason why it couldn't be the focus of the show. Put it on Danielson for awhile to build it back up as a major title would be the best way to do this. Or have it on Jay White and have everyone chasing him.

But I definitely agree that MJF as Champion needs to be on both shows more.

1 minute ago, gmoney said:

Not for me, no ta. 

Throw ÄEw GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

It’s funny though, in CM Punk’s drive to be seen as a leader, he’s left so many people high and dry and allowed the real leaders to come to the fore.

Mox is the beating heart of the company. Just absolutely embodies the spirit of ‘love what you do, do what you love’ and is happy to be there whenever Tony calls to celebrate the thing he loves. Just, bizarrely, the thing he loves is stabbing people in the head with forks.

I’ve come to adore the big man. Him, Danielson and Samoa Joe are real highlights for me. I hope they all help Collision out in its hour of need.

Also, Christian Cage. He’s done with Nick Wayne’s dad, now he wants to boink his mum. What a hero.