AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

10 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I have a diagonally-view in level 1. I've made a huge mistake.

Depends how they make it to be fair mate, and how much weight it has to support. They can do pretty decent ‘invert triangle, canopy pillars now which, by the time you’re at ring level are not much thicker than the ring posts.

If they do block pillars or scaffold (search Joshua Klitschko stadium) it can be a little trickier.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It’ll need a full lighting rig etc above tve ring, it’s not just gonna be a rain sheet. If your view is impacted you will get moved, they keep spare seats In better areas for that purpose 

14 minutes ago, Louch said:

It’ll need a full lighting rig etc above tve ring, it’s not just gonna be a rain sheet. If your view is impacted you will get moved, they keep spare seats In better areas for that purpose 

I don’t know how true this is, certainly isn’t for boxing and if you search ‘Wrestlemania stadium’ on google, there’s a lot of people say directly behind the canopy corners.

It’d be great if AEW do move people though.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I don’t know how true this is, certainly isn’t for boxing and if you search ‘Wrestlemania stadium’ on google, there’s a lot of people say directly behind the canopy corners.

It’d be great if AEW do move people though.

Anytime I’ve seen anyone talk about being in a Seat they can’t see the ring from, if they raise it they get moved. 

1 hour ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I mean, looking at the boxing it was like this? Which isn't too bad

Fury vs Whyte WBC World Championship Boxing March at Wembley Stadium - FILM  & TV SERVICES

Yeah anywhere but diagonal is fine, but sometimes on the tiered levels the pillars can stop you seeing through completely. Given the angle you can usually move your head and get around the worst of it, but those canopy’s can be a pain in the bum.

8 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I'm in the 200s on a diagonal seat, does that mean I'm basically fucked?

My ticket definitely said full view of the ring. 

No, it definitely doesn’t and we have no idea what set-up they’re using. There’s been issues at some shows in the past but as I said earlier, some of the more refined designs now are as thin as the ring posts by the time you get to that level.

Providing they’ve put a few quid in for a decent canopy, or they have the ability to move people like Louch mentioned, I’m sure you’ll be grand.

I think WrestleMania 35 was the last one WWE had issues with; https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/article/wrestlemania-35-sets-metlife-stadium-wwe-attendance-record

You can even see from the picture there that the seats around where the picture was taken would have had issues. 

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Putting my fantasy booking hat on, I think we can all agree MJF Vs Cole is a little underwhelming for a main event.

Potentially do we get MJF retaining and then Punk coming out to challenge MJF to unify the titles?

I know that's ANOTHER much to add to a long card. But it all seems a bit predictable at the moment. Especially as we're all expecting a heel turn from either one of them.

2 minutes ago, JFFC said:

Putting my fantasy booking hat on, I think we can all agree MJF Vs Cole is a little underwhelming for a main event.

Potentially do we get MJF retaining and then Punk coming out to challenge MJF to unify the titles?

I know that's ANOTHER much to add to a long card. But it all seems a bit predictable at the moment. Especially as we're all expecting a heel turn from either one of them.

We can not all agree.

I’m absolutely buzzing for MJF v Cole. It’s the absolute best thing in the business peaking at Wembley. Yes please.

I’m broadly pro-Punk but keep him the fuck away from that feud. By the end of the show I want to be crying my eyes out because one of BROCHACHOS4LYF has betrayed the other.

5 minutes ago, JFFC said:

Definitely don't need any more matches.

Plus predictable isn't always bad. You don't know how it's going to happen. You don't know who'll turn if anyone. And it's all down to how it plays out and if they hit an emotional ending. If they do it right it'll feel big enough.

5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

No, it definitely doesn’t and we have no idea what set-up they’re using. There’s been issues at some shows in the past but as I said earlier, some of the more refined designs now are as thin as the ring posts by the time you get to that level.

Providing they’ve put a few quid in for a decent canopy, or they have the ability to move people like Louch mentioned, I’m sure you’ll be grand.

I think WrestleMania 35 was the last one WWE had issues with; https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/article/wrestlemania-35-sets-metlife-stadium-wwe-attendance-record

You can even see from the picture there that the seats around where the picture was taken would have had issues. 

Funny you say that, this is the exact show that came to mind. This was my last big wrestling show I went to, and I was the level under where that image is taken from, and can confirm the pillars were a ballache.