TUF - McGregor vs Chandler Discussion Thread

David

So, we may as well get the ball rolling on this. We're going to be (hopefully) getting some promotion of the show itself and the fight over the coming weeks and months if Dana can drag himself away from watching morons slap each other.

As I said in the other thread, rumours are the bout between Chandler and McGregor will happen at 170lbs, which changes quite a lot of things if that is true. At 155lbs I would have easily picked Chandler to win, but at 170lbs? Things could get interesting as he'll be giving away both height and reach, and most likely weight on the night. The key could be that McGregor isn't going to have to cut the weight.

I'd still pick Chandler to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we something similar to the Eddie Alvarez fight.

1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

I heard this fight wont be until August or September at the earliest by the time TUF is filmed, aired etc.

With that in mind, my prediction is that this fight does not happen. 

Interesting. Why do you think that?

He isn't one for cancelling. I cant remember any fight-related fuck ups except the pre 200 fuck ups over press obligations.

It has been a long. long time since he has fought on anything resembling a regular basis though so I don't really judge him on the pre Mayweather fight form. Since then there's been the bus incident, smashing that guys phone, punching the old geezer in the pub, numerous awful allegations, the leg break, the movie career, all the benders (see the Conor McGregor in a tree house clip. Amazing stuff), threatening Poirier's family, countless tweet and delete meltdowns, about 30lbs of highly questionable muscle mass, the quiet retirement to get out of the USADA pool....

I dont think he will just pull out over a relatively minor injury or something like that. No reason to suspect that would happen.

I'm just saying I wont be remotely surprised to see an event in the coming months that prevents the fight happening. 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

see the Conor McGregor in a tree house clip.

This was a new one on me, so I just searched it up. It's a 10 second clip of somebody that sort of looks a bit like Mcgregor, outside in what looks like a tree house, from 5 years ago?

I'm no Mcgregor fanboy, but I wouldn't cite that as an example of Mcgregor going of the rails!

3 minutes ago, Chunk said:

This was a new one on me, so I just searched it up. It's a 10 second clip of somebody that sort of looks a bit like Mcgregor, outside in what looks like a tree house, from 5 years ago?

I'm no Mcgregor fanboy, but I wouldn't cite that as an example of Mcgregor going of the rails!

You wouldn't but I would and I have.

It was all over the place at the time when we went on what appeared to be a several day bender around the Grand National 2017. I have just used it as one example of his many benders over the years as I think its an extremely amusing clip.

• Paid Members

There was a story recently as well about a 40 something year old woman accusing him of hitting her on his boat or something. I only skim read the story but I saw something like she filed the report and then the next day her car got set on fire. You can find the articles if you search for it. I’m at work and can’t be arsed 😂 don’t know how much truth there is to the allegations but it hardly seems out of character at this point does it? I do think he’ll turn up for the show and the fight though. I think he’s missed the limelight. I don’t even particularly like Chandler but I hope he fucking sparks him worse than he did Ferguson. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
11 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Isn't mountinho the kid that fought I forget who with green hair that just refused to quit or go down 

Yeah, fought O’Malley on short notice. He’s a bit shit from what I remember. Of the returning names there, I probably rate Timur Valiev the most but I can’t see any of them doing any better in a second stint in the UFC. TUF 4: ‘The Comeback’ this ain’t. Should’ve brought Shonie Carter back for this. Fuck it. Don’t even let him fight, just chuck him in the house for a laugh. Not enough bottle rafts on TUF these days.

I see Jason Knight’s had enough of Bare Knuckle then. 

6D49C9FC-9CB5-4B6C-9EF1-90776278FDAD.jpeg

• Paid Members

I suspect they've chosen a few of these guys based on what they'll bring to the show from a TV show perspective rather than than their actual prospects as a fighter. I'm cool with that though, TUF needs to focus more on being a reality show. Fighters have DWCS to fight on these days to get into the UFC, TUF seems like a tough ass way to go.