• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FUM said:

It’s definitely not a bad card and will undoubtedly be a good show with the crowd but I think the feeling from some of this is sort of WrestleMania for AEW so there needs to be something (or a couple of things) that stands out different from anything they’d normally do. I actually think if Grado v Jarrett was to be booked then that would be one of those things

I thought people suggesting Grado vs Jarrett on here we're just joking?! 

Why would booking a Z-list celebrity (in Scotland only, really) that no one actually gives a shit about in a singles match on your biggest show ever be a genuinely realistically good thing? It'd be utter fucking stupidity on every level.

Is the concern that Mox et al are not going to be on the show?

I don’t think that’s going to happen, but he and Omega and Jericho currently aren’t in immediately obvious big stories compared to what’s been booked already.

I think this is more of a conversation about whether people currently like AEW or it’s overall booking, as opposed to whether Wembley itself is specifically underwhelming. As if you’re really into AEW at the minute, its got to be hard to be underwhelmed by getting MJF/Cole in a tag and a world title match, seeing Swerve get his comeuppance and seeing FTR/Bucks 3.

That’s a great foundation.

MJF/Cole by the way, is an incredible little story. Considering how mid card the comedy can feel, the way they’re slowly balancing that out is remarkable. Cole stabbing him in the back last week - if that even was an Easter egg - followed by MJF twiddling with the ring this week. It feels like two snakes playing nice for fear of being bit by the other.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

From a booking perspective the only thing I can see working storyline wise is Jericho/Takeshita vs Omega/Hangman but that feels like a Dynamite level match to me. A good one, but not exactly Wembley level.

Edited by LaGoosh

6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Is the concern that Mox et al are not going to be on the show?

I don’t think that’s going to happen, but he and Omega and Jericho currently aren’t in immediately obvious big stories compared to what’s been booked already.

I think this is more of a conversation about whether people currently like AEW or it’s overall booking, as opposed to whether Wembley itself is specifically underwhelming. As if you’re really into AEW at the minute, its got to be hard to be underwhelmed by getting MJF/Cole in a tag and a world title match, seeing Swerve get his comeuppance and seeing FTR/Bucks 3.

That’s a great foundation.

MJF/Cole by the way, is an incredible little story. Considering how mid card the comedy can feel, the way they’re slowly balancing that out is remarkable. Cole stabbing him in the back last week - if that even was an Easter egg - followed by MJF twiddling with the ring this week. It feels like two snakes playing nice for fear of being bit by the other.

Is the big fall apart in Zero Hour causing a heated main event?

Just now, 2Xtreme_lives said:

Is the big fall apart in Zero Hour causing a heated main event?

I suspect the Tag Match sows the seed of dissension, and the fall apart happens in the main event.

Does the main event need to be heated in that way? Is that the template for all main event matches?

Bret/Bulldog wasn’t dissimilar, in that it was partners/allies clashing. Though I suspect we’re more likely to see a heel turn in this one.

44 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

With the greatest of respect, you pitched Sting v Luchasaurus when asked what they could book. So, I think the issue is more you don’t like what they have, not that they’ve booked an underwhelming show with what they have.

The *only* match the argument stands up for is Omega/Punk. I sort of see that, albeit I’d rather they didn’t rush it.

That’s a bit of a dishonest representation of what I said. You suggested that there was nothing they could do to make this PPV feel truly monumental, and I disagreed - I threw out Sting winning his first singles title in years as one of a number of things they could have done when you suggested Punk/Omega was the only match they could do to make this feel historic.

That simply isn’t true. They have a stacked roster, and I find it a bit surprising that people like Moxley, Jericho and Omega are yet to find a dance partner for this show; while Punk is apparently wrestling someone he already beat on TV just a few weeks ago.

I also suggest you read back what I said - I’ve not said I dislike the card; simply that I’d like to see one or two matches on their that feel like they could only take place at a show of this size. If they’d started booking towards All In sooner, I’m sure I’d feel differently; but they’ve rushed this somewhat. 

You’re taking me a bit too seriously, but you did suggest Sting/Luchasaurus. That’s on record. That’s noted in the ‘Wembley Worthy’ column.

There’s no point me rabbiting on, as clearly everyone’s a bit bummed out. That’s a genuinely a shame, and I hope they book something people like.

I, on the other hand, am absolutely buzzing for double helpings of MJF BAYBAY…

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

You’re taking me a bit too seriously, but you did suggest Sting/Luchasaurus. That’s on record. That’s noted in the ‘Wembley Worthy’ column.

I stand by it! Sting winning his first - and perhaps only - singles title in AEW is definitely Wembley-worthy. Not in isolation of course, but I doubt anyone would be complaining if that was on the card. You’re effectively getting Sting/Christian as far as the feud goes, and Christian is undoubtedly the most over heel wrestler in AEW right now. The match would be more appealing if Christian was champ but hey, you play with the cards you’re dealt. All you really need here is a Sting squash, with Christian getting his ass handed to him at some point too. 

42 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Roderick Strong is obviously costing Cole the title out of jealously.

Cole running off after Strong was another red flag to me, I think MJF is the one getting screwed here. Perhaps they’ll play into the MJF/contract expiry stuff by building up to a title vs career match at some point. Whatever the case, if Cole does turn; fuck Omega/Punk, a Cole/MJF rematch would become the best AEW has to offer. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Infinity Land said:
  • Chris Jericho - Don Callis family/JAS break up. Going by TV finally facing off against Sammy 1on1 would make most sense. Yet Ospreay's expected to be parachuted in. Which you would only know about if you follow online rumours.

The last time we saw Will Ospreay, he was being managed by Don Callis. Chris Jericho has been doing an "is he prioritising Don Callis over the JAS?" story for weeks now, that took a substantial jump forward last night. Ospreay slotting in against Jericho at All In as part of the Don Callis story, whichever side Jericho takes (heel with Don, face against him), there's an easy route to get to Ospreay as his opponent. Could it have been announced sooner? Sure, but then, they've sold 80,000 tickets, so they're doing okay without the announcement.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I thought people suggesting Grado vs Jarrett on here we're just joking?! 

Why would booking a Z-list celebrity (in Scotland only, really) that no one actually gives a shit about in a singles match on your biggest show ever be a genuinely realistically good thing? It'd be utter fucking stupidity on every level.

The Grado/Jarrett thing came about from a TalkSport segment where JJ hit Grado with his guitar. It was one of about two dozen interviews Jarrett did that day, and he's probably hit twelve more minor celebrities with guitars since. People jumped on the idea that it was a build for a match, but as far as I can tell it's never been mentioned on AEW TV, even when Jarrett's been wrestling. It was obviously just intended as a bit of business to make the clip go viral, and get the Wembley show on more people's radars.

I think Jarrett has had one standard singles match on TV since debuting in AEW. Everything else he's done has been tag or trios, and I'd be amazed if they book him in a singles match at All In. If he does end up doing something with Grado, it will be with Grado as one of a six-man tag team, not a one-on-one, but I don't really see that happening either - though if it does, I'm guessing it's Grado teaming with Paul Wight and someone else.

With Adam Cole saying "Don't worry, I've got this" to Strong more than once a while back, then positioning himself for a title shot, and with no physical contact between Cole and Strong yet etc., it seems obvious to me that we end up with Cole with the title and Strong and the Kingdom as his lackeys.

I did enjoy the trampoline segment, and I haven't seen any RVD stuff since he left WWE so it was a treat to watch him back in action again, but I don't remember too much else right now. I wish Hangman had more to do, what a waste...