UFC 283: Teixeira vs Hill - Jan 21 🇧🇷

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just watched the countdown for this and really looking forward to it now, decent fights all throughout. 

Gone for Glover and Moreno in the polls but pretty much 50/50 on both fights. I really think the main event could go either way but heart says Glover! I just don’t want Moreno and Figgy to end in another draw….

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Figgy can't be feeling too fresh going into weigh-in, fuck:

When you see the likes of that, it's a miracle that nobody has yet died trying to make weight for a fight in the UFC. I hope he moves up after this fight and doesn't keep trying to make that cut. 

• Paid Members

Figgy made it.

I hope the cut hasn’t taken too much out of him. A lot’s been made of how rough he looked all week but he always looks like a bag of shite making 125. I hope he sacks it off soon and has a little run at 135 before he calls it a day. He’s 35 now, how many more times can he boil down to Flyweight? Buzzing for this fight though. Which might sound weird considering we’ve already seen it 3 times over the last couple of years. What a series though. Definitely the real main event tomorrow night for me.

All four men in the title fights made weight. Anthony Smith weighed in as the backup for Glover vs Hill and missed weight though. Hopefully nothing fucks that fight up in the next 24 hours because the prospect of say, Jamahal Hill (who seems a bit of a weak challenger) vs Anthony Smith (who’s missed weight and would be ineligible to win the title anyway) as the first PPV headliner of the year is the absolute dregs. They’d have to bump Figgy vs Moreno 4 up in that scenario surely. Hopefully nothing like that happens but yeah, the real main event. 

53DB6FC3-9927-4F32-9854-8196D53C3548.jpeg

On 1/19/2023 at 3:52 PM, WeeAl said:

When you see the likes of that, it's a miracle that nobody has yet died trying to make weight for a fight in the UFC.

Sadly, I think this is something we'll see the effects of in fighters as they enter later life. All of the weight cutting and dehydration can't be good for the body. Let's hope I'm wrong, but I think we'll see fighters who are in their 40's today start to pay the price as they hit their 50's and 60's.

• Paid Members

If Hill manages to win this, do we expect it to be early, catching Glover before he gets into a groove and putting his lights out? Unless (and it's quite possible) that madness with Jiri took all the fight out of Glover that he has left - then I see him just Old-manning Hill and dragging him into deep water and drowning him. Hopefully, anyway. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Yeah pretty much. Although Hill stopped Santos late last time so fuck knows. I just think Glover’s got one of those weird chins where he sometimes looks a bit shaky early but once he warms up and gets rolling he’s a real issue. The war with Jiri is the big x-factor for me though. That was the kind of fight that kills off a fighter’s prime, much less whatever’s left of a man’s durability at 40+. Purely on skills, I think Glover should be winning this, I’m still not overly convinced by Hill. But I’m just not sure Glover’s not pushing his luck a bit now. We’ll see. Would be a fantastic moment if he gets it done. It was cool enough when he won the strap off Jan the first time but that was in Abu Dhabi. If he can regain it on home soil it’ll be pretty special.

Fuck it, Glover by submission for me.

Just voted in the poll, both fights dead even…

8A8D7A8A-CDC0-446B-9B17-BC75BF9C1D9B.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I’m with Dan Hardy on this. 

I know it probably makes more sense from the UFC’s point of view to match Shogun up with a younger guy that they can possibly build up a bit off the back of beating a legend. But purely from what I wanted to see, and I think a lot of fans feel the same, a legends matchup would’ve been more satisfying for his farewell. There aren’t many of them left but there was talk a few months ago of Machida wanting back in to do the rubber match. I’d have enjoyed that and it would’ve been a nice little change of pace on this card. Oh well. 

• Paid Members

I cant remember what i put in the poll, but my official prediction as of fight night is...

Hill to stop Glover. Dunno when but I dont think enough has been said about Glover coming off that brutal fight with Jiri, that may have been the last of him.

Moreno over Figgy Smalls. Probably a decision but im saying this based purely on the weight cut. Im predicting it may have been one too many for Figueiredo.

Dont bet on it.

Glover is the old guard, so Im always backing (and hoping) for a win. I hope he has enough in his locker to get Hill to the ground for 3 out of the 5 rounds, which is the way I see his path to victory.

As for the Figgy fight, I genuinely have no clue who to pick, or who Id class as the favourate, which is insane as theyve fought three times already.