Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

Everton threw away any points against Wolves in the last minute the other day. Trying to quell the home fans who were booing every touch because the defence was just passing it between themselves.  Tarkowski lumped it up top, Patterson flicked on, Gordon stuck out a leg. Wolves player intercepted, countered and then they scored.

It was so easy for Wolves to get themselves up the pitch and tactically naive from Everton. Wolves had set themselves up for the counter and Everton fell straight into the trap.

I don't think Everton have the money to compete for any quality players who will get them out of the shit for the rest of the season. A striker and a creative player are definites but I can't see Frank bringing in anyone decent.

Moutinho's assist for their first goal was really good.  I think Wolves will be fine, come rest of the season, Lopetegui has the experience to gel that squad together and get them up the table. 

• Paid Members

Everton need to change managers if they want to stay up I reckon. Can see them, Southampton (the Nathan Jones appointment stinks of 'preparing for life in the Championship') and Forest going down. In any other season Bournemouth would also go down, but the other three either have worse squads or have Lampard at the helm.

Lopegetui should help Wolves over the line, there's a half decent squad there with a few really decent players. Everton also have a number of very good players, so there will be a real scramble if they go down. Virtually everyone in that squad is PL quality, which is a further indicator of Lampard's ability as a manager.

Always thought Lampard was another shit English manager. Delighted to be proven right. I liked it when he turned them in to struggling shit houses instead of struggling pushovers and they were saying they can be the Atletico of English football. Wonder what his points per game ratio is compared to Fat Sam and Rafa.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Wonder what his points per game ratio is compared to Fat Sam and Rafa.

I have their win % if that helps?

Big Sam: 38.46%

Rafa the red: 31.82%

Frank 'jobs for the boys' Lampard: 30.77%

I think that makes him the least successful permanent Everton manager of all time, if you combine Kendall's reigns (his late 90s stint is the only one with a lower win % than Lampard).

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Wonder what his points per game ratio is compared to Fat Sam and Rafa.

Last seasons points were split as so.

Rafa - Sacked 16th January

19 points from 19 matches

Big Dunc - 18th January to 31st January

1 game - 0 points

Frank - Joined 31st January

20 points  from 18 matches

Last season after 16 games, Everton had 18 points. This season after 16 games they've got 14 points.

That should mean if you combine Lampard's Premier League games from last season and this season. He's had 34 games and got 34 points.

• Paid Members

I'm gutted the Dean Smith appointment didn't work out for the mustard. At the time his appointment was met with widespread enthusiasm and I really liked the way he carried himself. I watched some of his lectures online from University talks about building club cultures and other interviews he'd done and he seemed like a lovely chap. Thought he was really hard done by at Aston Villa when they gave him the boot. Daniel Farke had been brilliant for us, but we had to gamble on trying to preserve our Prem status. 

Smith has been quite unlucky with our squad numbers - not long after he joined, we had a Covid outbreak but didn't get many games called off during that spell, making it almost impossible to build any momentum. Then we kept suffering numerous injured, often in the same position - at one point we had four left-backs injured for instance, meaning our defence was continuously patched up from whatever scraps we had left. Adam Idah, one of only three recognised club strikers, got inured in January during a good spell of form and was out for the season. We went down with a wimper. 

In the Championship, the football hasn't been great even when we were getting results. To be fair to him, the squad have massively underperformed and have often missed sitters at crucial times in games. 

The fans never really warmed to him. Farke was very much an extrovert and quickly built up a loud, chest-beating rapport with the Carrow Road faithful. In contrast with Smith's more introverted approach, fans have mistaken than for a lack of a care/passion for the role. Which is bollocks - he's a grafter and would never willingly give anything less than 100% in his role. Also I'll be the first to admit Norwich's support has a huge proportion of moaners. 

Ultimately the Luton defeat left his position untenable - the fans had totally turned on him after he criticised them in a press conference (I can understand his frustration) and we'd lost too much ground in the promotion race. 

Next appointment absolutely crucial. I'd love, love, love to get Sean Dyche. We need a strong character who can build a connection with the fans again and further cement a positive culture within the club. There's been a wider disconnect between the club and the fans recently for various reasons - a people's champion like Dyche with a proven track record at a club without an insane budget would be a superb appointment. We may not get promoted this season, but with a year and half to build a strong team featuring proven leaders, we'd be much better prepared for a proper stab at the Premier League on our return. 

Steve Bruce to Naarch? It’s like being a cabinet minister isn’t it? Doesn’t matter how shite you’ve been there’s always a job for you. As long as they keep their six fingered webbed hands away from Mark Robins I’m happy.