Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

This is the kind of situation where you start to see Conte go all 'Va fa Napoli' on the board, isn't it? He's going to want to be backed this month to improve the squad and if he isn't, well we know what he's like.

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This is the kind of situation where you start to see Conte go all 'Va fa Napoli' on the board, isn't it? He's going to want to be backed this month to improve the squad and if he isn't, well we know what he's like.

He is well within his rights to go nuclear if he's not backed (he won't be) Any manager would be. He's being asked to take the club into the top four with absolute fucking donkeys like Royal as starters. 

The bench today was magnificent. 7x defenders, a GK and Sarr as the only attacking option. Probably one of the worst I've ever seen (not necessarily ability wise)  in terms of changing the game. 

It's all just so boring. Bring Dad back. Get the gang back together. Get Dembele out of retirement. Anything other than this turgid shit.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Bring Dad back

He won't be able to work wonders with this lot, even if he goes back into 'full-back whisperer' mode and turns Djed Spence and Sessegnon into top drawer full backs. But they wouldn't be as dull and lifeless to watch as they have been since he left.

This squad, in terms of personnel, is a Conte squad. Loads of wings backs, too many centre halves (only one of which is quality enough to play in a back 4 at the top level) and very few midfielders. Therefore Levy will have to allow an overhaul for somebody to assemble a top side that plays with a back 4, and I think we know what the odds are of him letting that happen.

I remember when Tiger Rick bemoaned me years ago when I said Spurs needed to invest in more quality after they finished 2nd if they wanted to take the next step. His argument was that their first XI was good enough (fair point) and as they were young would improve further (not a given, as we've seen). However, squads win league titles- not teams. Levy had many chances to propel them to that next level by backing Poch in the market, but he still insisted on running the club as though they were still on the outside peering in, rather than a bona fide Champions League and PL top 4 club.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Graham Potter was the wrong appointment at the wrong time.

If you had a degree in emotional intelligence you'd realise how toxic this mindset is. There is no right or wrong, we're all just equal strands in this beard that we call life. The important thing is that everyone is trying.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Chelsea are on course to spend £500m by the end of this season if they get Fernandez. Weren’t they £1.5bn in the shit when it was revealed to the shock and awe of nobody that Roman was keeping them afloat? 

Madness isn't it. There's spending money, then there's spending ridiculous amounts of money and somehow getting worse. But according to Twitter, 'Boehly is cooking'. He's cooking a big shit pie though from what I can see. 

• Paid Members

The two kids in the second half were Liverpool fans but were still less biased than some of the shite we have to put up with. If I was their age and watching my team lose, I'd probably end up crying and starting shouting that Brentford were fuckers, or something.

I really, really like Thomas Frank. Hope he doesn't do something silly like Potter.

22 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Madness isn't it. There's spending money, then there's spending ridiculous amounts of money and somehow getting worse. But according to Twitter, 'Boehly is cooking'. He's cooking a big shit pie though from what I can see. 

TBF, a Chelsea squad with Chilwell, James, Kante fit with the additions of Nkunku and Enzo would have far better prospects.

Not convinced Potter is the right fit. He reminds me of AVB insofar he clearly knows how to spot gems but doesn't seem to have a clue how to adapt to a system that works for the players he has. Would have preferred Tuchel to have stayed.