Spit or swallow

SuperBacon

Just read something on Twitter that says you're not supposed to rinse your mouth with water after brushing your teeth as it dilutes the fluoride.

I can understand that, but what are you supposed to do, just spit it out and walk around with a toothpaste-y/chalky mouth? Swallow it? 

I imagine this will, as always, unravel and out some 'brush nonces' who brush backwards or something.

• Paid Members

Mrs raid says this. Mind you she also brushes her teeth with warm rather than cold water as she thinks it’s better cleaning as per washing your hands, but every dentist that’s answered that question online says, bollocks.

Yeah I started doing this a few years ago after reading about it online.  At first it sounds horrendous - walking around with a chalky/foamy mouth all day - but your saliva naturally takes care of the excess fairly quickly and you don't really notice much of a difference.  Could be complete bollocks for all I know of course, but I've never had toothache or had to have any fillings since I started it so I don't want to upset the apple cart just in case. 

• Paid Members

Either spit it out, or rinse with mouthwash rather than water, though I barely ever remember to buy mouthwash, so usually the former. The toothpaste-y mouth doesn't last that long if you've brushed properly.

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

My father in law takes a bottle of cream soda and a big size dairy milk with him to bed at night. If he wakes up during the night he has a bit to put himself back to sleep. 

It will be of no surprise of course that he doesn't have any of his own teeth left.

Like Charlie and Frank with the cat food?