Perfect film performances

gmoney

• Paid Members

Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia was so good that he was basically able to coast as much as he wanted and rely on his charisma for the rest of his career, and everyone basically went 'well, he was so good in Lawrence of Arabia that his legacy is untouchable'.

lawrence of arabia GIF by Maudit

On 5/2/2022 at 9:13 AM, Onyx2 said:

Steals the show from Bruce in Jaws too. I don't trust Quint an inch but he's the only one I'd want to be out on the water with. 

captain-quint-jaws-robert-shaw.thumb.jpg.c8a24fcbdb9975a98d3478b2d77e5bc7.jpg

Came here to say Quint. In fact, fuck it, all three performances by Scheider, Dreyfuss and Shaw in Jaws are perfect. And as good as their individual scenes are they're at their best when all three are on screen together. I'd even argue that the boat scene, particularly post- Indianapolis speech when they've all finally bonded and signing "Show Me The Way To Go Home" is my favourite scene ever in cinema, it brings me so much joy watching those three blokes get pissed up and sing like idiots.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I watched A Simple Plan last night and Billy Bob Thornton in that movie is absolutely heartbreaking. What a performance.

All 3 of the leads in that are fantastic but Thornton is obviously the stand out. Just wonderful. Such a great little film and during that odd run from Sam Raimi where he went from OTT madness to 3 low key studio films in a row.