Wrestling Pub Quiz

air_raid

• Paid Members

He did win it from Conway. He and Kojima were NWA tag champions. 

If it's any help, the person who won it from Tenzan dropped it to Tim Storm. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Another multiple answer one: Who did Hiroyoshi Tenzan win the NWA World title from, and who did he lose it to?

Rob Conway and Jax Dane? May have it the wrong way round. Or completely wrong.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Rob Conway and Jax Dane? May have it the wrong way round. Or completely wrong.

That's the one. I think we watched Tenzan win it together. 

• Paid Members

OK, I’ve done another one. Yes, they’re hard questions in a sense but if you just know then you know, otherwise have fun and just guess. Again I’ve hovered around 80s/90s WWF and it’s one of my favourite niche topics, “Card Subject To Change” - 15 questions for a total of 16 points plus tie-break option if required.

(1) Who was announced as the challenger for the Intercontinental title on two early SummerSlams but didn’t make it to either for real or kayfabe reasons? 1 point

(2) Barry Windham was announced on Macho Kings team for Survivors 89 but replaced when he had surgery then quit the company - can you remember what his gimmick name was at the time? 1 point

(3) The Model Rick Martel had two SummerSlam matches announced for SummerSlams in 1990 and in 1993 but didn’t wrestle either of them, a point for each opponent you can name? 2 points

(4) The Undertaker’s celebrated debut as “the mystery partner” at Survivors 90 was actually a substitution - who was originally announced as the fourth member of the Million Dollar Team? 1 point

(5) The match where Hacksaw, Sgt Laughter, Texas Tornado & El Matador beat Col Mustafa, Berzerker, Skinner and Hercules is probably the most chopped and changed match in Survivor Series history, FOUR different guys were announced then later pulled from the face or heel teams (2 each) due to injuries or departures. Highly random so you only have to guess one for the point. 1 point

(6) Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels at Survivors 92 was set up before Shawn won the Intercontinental title from our dear Davey Boy - can any of you remember who Bulldogs announced challenger was? 1 point

(7) Speaking of Smithers - he’s conspicuous by his absence from Mania VIII. Who was he wrestling before the show went long and it was dropped? 1 point

(8) Sherri Martel was involved in the first mixed tag in WWF PPV history at Mania VI. She was also announced for what would have been the second but quit or was fired before it happened - who would have been the other woman in the match? 1 point

(9) There were THREE announced matches for Mania X that ended up changed or scrapped - Earthquake’s match, the Womens title match, and the ten man tag dropped when the show went long. I’ll give you the point if you can name four participants out of the ten. 1 point

(10) Bam Bam Bigelow was one of the many wrestlers that had great runs but never held a title in the 80s/90s. However once he was pencilled in to win the tag belts in an announced title defence which became non title when plans changed. A point for ANY of - which PPV (including year), his partner or the opponents, or you can volunteer 2 or all 3 facts which I’ll add to your score in the event of a tie break. 1 point (plus tie break)

(11) Razor vs Double J & The Roadie at the first In Your House was meant to be a tag match but Kid had suffered a neck injury in Germany - can you remember who he was wrestling at the time? 1 point

(12) Which singles match announced for a mid-90s Mania had to be changed to a multi-man because the office knew it could be too crap for WrestleMania due to the rapidly-dwindling stamina of one of the wrestlers? Clue : weight gain involved. 1 point

(13) The planned (and later cancelled) Ahmed Johnson vs Farooq match at SummerSlam 96 was planned when they finally got Ron to sign, however the WWF Magazine previewing the show had already gone to print. Who did they announce as Ahmed’s originally scheduled challenger? 1 point

(14) Speaking of Ahmed, he had a match announced for In Your House : Final Four before the card got shuffled due to the injury to Shawns smile. Who was the big Johnson originally going to wrestle? 1 point

(15) Sid had THREE matches announced for PPV in 1997 that were cancelled due to injury. He was supposed to wrestle Bret at Revenge Of The Taker but was injured. He was supposed to wrestle Mankind at A Cold Day In Hell but he was still injured. He was also supposed to wrestle at SummerSlam but after a car accident he was re-injured - who was that meant to be against? 1 point

Have fun. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

OK, I’ve done another one. Yes, they’re hard questions in a sense but if you just know then you know, otherwise have fun and just guess. Again I’ve hovered around 80s/90s WWF and it’s one of my favourite niche topics, “Card Subject To Change” - 15 questions for a total of 16 points plus tie-break option if required.

(1) Who was announced as the challenger for the Intercontinental title on two early SummerSlams but didn’t make it to either for real or kayfabe reasons? 1 point

(2) Barry Windham was announced on Macho Kings team for Survivors 89 but replaced when he had surgery then quit the company - can you remember what his gimmick name was at the time? 1 point

(3) The Model Rick Martel had two SummerSlam matches announced for SummerSlams in 1990 and in 1993 but didn’t wrestle either of them, a point for each opponent you can name? 2 points

(4) The Undertaker’s celebrated debut as “the mystery partner” at Survivors 90 was actually a substitution - who was originally announced as the fourth member of the Million Dollar Team? 1 point

(5) The match where Hacksaw, Sgt Laughter, Texas Tornado & El Matador beat Col Mustafa, Berzerker, Skinner and Hercules is probably the most chopped and changed match in Survivor Series history, FOUR different guys were announced then later pulled from the face or heel teams (2 each) due to injuries or departures. Highly random so you only have to guess one for the point. 1 point

(6) Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels at Survivors 92 was set up before Shawn won the Intercontinental title from our dear Davey Boy - can any of you remember who Bulldogs announced challenger was? 1 point

(7) Speaking of Smithers - he’s conspicuous by his absence from Mania VIII. Who was he wrestling before the show went long and it was dropped? 1 point

(8) Sherri Martel was involved in the first mixed tag in WWF PPV history at Mania VI. She was also announced for what would have been the second but quit or was fired before it happened - who would have been the other woman in the match? 1 point

(9) There were THREE announced matches for Mania X that ended up changed or scrapped - Earthquake’s match, the Womens title match, and the ten man tag dropped when the show went long. I’ll give you the point if you can name four participants out of the ten. 1 point

(10) Bam Bam Bigelow was one of the many wrestlers that had great runs but never held a title in the 80s/90s. However once he was pencilled in to win the tag belts in an announced title defence which became non title when plans changed. A point for ANY of - which PPV (including year), his partner or the opponents, or you can volunteer 2 or all 3 facts which I’ll add to your score in the event of a tie break. 1 point (plus tie break)

(11) Razor vs Double J & The Roadie at the first In Your House was meant to be a tag match but Kid had suffered a neck injury in Germany - can you remember who he was wrestling at the time? 1 point

(12) Which singles match announced for a mid-90s Mania had to be changed to a multi-man because the office knew it could be too crap for WrestleMania due to the rapidly-dwindling stamina of one of the wrestlers? Clue : weight gain involved. 1 point

(13) The planned (and later cancelled) Ahmed Johnson vs Farooq match at SummerSlam 96 was planned when they finally got Ron to sign, however the WWF Magazine previewing the show had already gone to print. Who did they announce as Ahmed’s originally scheduled challenger? 1 point

(14) Speaking of Ahmed, he had a match announced for In Your House : Final Four before the card got shuffled due to the injury to Shawns smile. Who was the big Johnson originally going to wrestle? 1 point

(15) Sid had THREE matches announced for PPV in 1997 that were cancelled due to injury. He was supposed to wrestle Bret at Revenge Of The Taker but was injured. He was supposed to wrestle Mankind at A Cold Day In Hell but he was still injured. He was also supposed to wrestle at SummerSlam but after a car accident he was re-injured - who was that meant to be against? 1 point

Have fun. Hopefully.

1) I'll guess beefcake 

2) widowmaker

3) Tito and Owen? Total guess

4) bad news brown

5) bully busick, Paul Roma i think

6) mountie

7) warlord

😎 Luna?

9) 123 kid, spark plug Holly, Tatanka, smoking guns

10) partner IRS, was meant to challenge headshrinkers summerslam 94

11) Nikkli volkof?

12) I'll guess Yoko Vs Vader at wm 12?

13) triple h?

14) crush

15) vader

1) Brutus ‘The Barber’ Beefcake 

2) Was thinking The Stalker but I think the above poster is correct 

3) Tito and Jannetty? 
4) No idea this was a thing but Bad News is a good shout as he left around then (edit Randy Savage was conspicuous by his absence on the card and had been feuding with Dusty up until SunmerSlam?) 

5) Guesses, Dragon / Roma 

6) The Mountie 

7) The Berzerker 

8. Luna? 
9) Martel / Tatanka / Kid / Holly

10) Totally forgot about this but I believe the above poster is correct 

11) No idea

12) The Vader / Mankind tag (can’t remember opponents or which Mania) 

13 - 15) No idea! 

Edited by thicko

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, thicko said:

2) Was thinking The Stalker but I think the above poster is correct 

10) Totally forgot about this but I believe the above poster is correct 

You’re the guy that gets up and goes to the bar to get a fresh pint even though you’ve got half left and tries to look at other teams’ answer sheets, yeah?

Just now, air_raid said:

You’re the guy that gets up and goes to the bar to get a fresh pint even though you’ve got half left and tries to look at other teams’ answer sheets, yeah?

Ha ha not at all. Tbh I wouldn’t normally offer my answers but I’m bored at work. I’d already read the previous posters  answers this morning and I’ve been honest on the ones I wouldn’t have got. 
As a Pub Landlord and Quiz host I wouldn’t condone cheating of any sort! 

10 hours ago, air_raid said:

Warrior? 

Widowmaker

1990 was Tito for the Strike Force Blow Off, no idea in 1993.Hacksaw??

Bad News Brown

Paul Roma? 

92, no idea erm, The Mountie.. He was around IC belt at that time. 

Bezerker

Luna? 

Headshrinkers, Rick Martel and Tatanka?? 

Tatanka, 1995 Rumble. Sparky Plug and Xpac.. 

Diesel? 

Yokozuna vs Vader? 

No idea

No idea 

(15) Sid had THREE matches announced for PPV in 1997 that were cancelled due to injury. He was supposed to wrestle Bret at Revenge Of The Taker but was injured. He was supposed to wrestle Mankind at A Cold Day In Hell but he was still injured. He was also supposed to wrestle at SummerSlam but after a car accident he was re-injured - who was that meant to be against? 1 point. 

Smithers?? 

Have fun. Hopefully.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, air_raid said:

1 - Brutus Beefcake

2 - The Widowmaker

3 - Jake The Snake and Mr Perfect

4 - Warlord

5 - Rick Martel, The Mountie, Barbarian, Brutus

6 - Repo Man

7 - Texas Tornado

8 - Alundra Blaze

9 - Alundra Blaze, Bull Nakano, Mo, Mabel

10 - Survivor Series 87, One Man Gang, Hart Foundation

11 - Aldo Montoya

12 - Yokozuna vs Bret

13 - Sid

14 - HHH

15 - Undertaker

I reckon I got about 4 points. Tough questions but well done.

15 hours ago, air_raid said:

Have fun. Hopefully.

I’ve made an effort not to look beyond your post, wrote my answers in notes and posting a direct quote to yours so have not seen any answers posted by others. See how I get on….

1. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake
  2. The Widowmaker
  3. Tito Santana
  5. “The Dragon”
  6. The Mountie
  7. The Berzerker
  8. Luna Vachon
  9. Jeff Jarrett, Smoking Gunns (Billy & Bart), 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka
  10. Royal Rumble 1995, Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid & Bob “Spark Plugg” Holly
  11. Hakushi
  12. Yokozuna v Vader
  14. Crush
  15. Owen Hart

• Paid Members

I reckon that’s enough time for probably everyone who will have fancied a go. Here’s your answers :

(1) Brutus “the Barber” Beefcake was supposed to challenge for the belt at SummerSlam 88 and at 90 but was replaced because of firstly kayfabe injury by Ron Bass, and then the parasailing accident that nearly killed him.

(2) Barry Windham was The Widowmaker. No, @boshealecta, Barry Windham and Big Bully Busick were not the same man.

(3) The Model was supposed to wrestle Tito Santana at SummerSlam 1999 but pulled out injured, and announced to wrestle Marty Jannetty at 93 but was replaced by Borga.

(4) Bad News Brown

(5) Ricky Steamboat (well remembered @SpykeDudlei1)and The Anvil were announced on the babyface team, Big Bully Busick (well done @sivy)and The Barbarian (well done @Hannibal Scorch)for the heels. Especially well done @AshCwho knew three of them. Barbar actually missed a PPV payday against Bret for Tuesday In Texas with that injury. Anvil was kayfabe injured to build towards Beverlys vs New Foundation and it probably made more sense to get El Matador on the PPV since he was going on the road with the Million Dollar Man.

(6) The Mountie!

(7) The Berzerker

(8) Luna Vachon - tagging with Bam Bam against Sherri & Tatanka at SummerSlam 93.

(9) Any four from Double J, The Model, IRS and The Headshrinkers vs The Smoking Gunns, Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid and Sparky Plugg/Bob Holly - who had replaced Marty who had got himself fired before a Mania payday for the third year in a row.

(10) Bam Bam & IRS were supposed to beat The Headshrinkers in an announced tag team title match at SummerSlam 94 but at the last minute Vince moved the belts to Shawn & Diesel the night before instead.

12 hours ago, patiirc said:

Tatanka, 1995 Rumble. Sparky Plug and Xpac.. 

8 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

Royal Rumble 1995, Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid & Bob “Spark Plugg” Holly

I wondered if anyone would go for that… clues in the question, and THAT match wasn’t made non-title, it’s just that Bam Bams team didn’t win. Fun story about that match - Kid tried to persuade the office to let Bob get the pin instead of him because Bob needed the shine more than him at that point, but they said no.

(11) Hakushi

(12) Vader vs Yokozuna at Mania 12 was switched to a six-man because they doubted Yoko was capable of anything other than short singles matches any more.

(13) Owen Hart

(14) Ahmed was scheduled to challenge Hunter for the Intercontinental belt at Final Four before Shawn lost his smile and the office decided to give the Lowell fans at Thursday Raw Thursday something memorable to placate them for losing their WWF title match, by having Rocky unseat Hunter. Unlucky @sivy who knew Hunter was the answer to one Ahmed question, but went with the wrong one.

(15) Vader

So……. @AshC “got most of them” but didn’t submit his answers so by my count @sivy wins the round. Please come to the bar to collect your prizes, an inflatable Damian, a signed 8x10 of Boni Blackstone and a months supply of ICOPRO.