UFC 272: Covington vs Masvidal - Mar 5 ??

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Updated the opening post and the poll for RDA vs Moicano. If you voted in the poll you’ll have to vote again.

I’ve followed nothing off the build up for this. Obviously it doesn’t usually kick in properly anyway until the press conference on Thursday but I’ve not caught any interviews or the Countdown or Embedded yet. Anything worth going out of my way to see? 

• Paid Members

It's been a week of cringey, childish insults between Masvidal and Covington but I can't lie; it's been very entertaining, and maybe I'm gullible but I don't think the beef is contrived and that they're just carrying on for the cameras as some have suggested. 

I'd absolutely recommend the Countdown, Magic. Even though we all know the history with that pair, it's actually a really good watch and one of the better Countdown's I've seen. 

The Embedded's have been decent too. Seems to be a charm offensive by the UFC in pushing Bryce Mitchell as this innocent, loveable, Bobby Boucher type, and I'd be all in, going "Awww, the wee pet" but then the Helwani interview would pop back into my head. 

Presser just there was McG/Khabib levels of toxic. 

• Paid Members

Ha, cheers Scotty. Yeah just browsing Twitter before work and seeing the reaction to the presser. It’s weird but hearing how shit it was kind of makes me want to watch it more. I’ll give it a look when I get home and catch up on the Countdown and stuff. 

• Paid Members

qI wasn't feeling this at all until around Wednesday, not really sure why but i've gone full in since then and consumed some content, absolutely buzzing for this now. 

The actual press conference was abit of a tough watch, a lot of back and forth bickering but listening to both guys individually has been pretty compelling stuff, and I genuinely think the hatred is real, especially from Masvidal's side.

Most people know in the UKFF's resident Masvidal super fan but im having a hard time seeing him have much success on Saturday. He sort of talked me into it during the week but cant help but feel that Covington is all wrong for him. Im taking Covington by a wide decision.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Dont know too much about Bryce , what was his Ariel interview like ?

Didn’t watch it all myself but there’s some stuff about it on the first page of this thread. He’s just a typical redneck, star spangled, gun worshipping, hillbilly who once drilled his own ballbag and is also OK with a bit of prison rape if this clip is anything to go by…

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Watched the Countdown with the Wife last night and she was engrossed from start to finish. Loved it and cant wait to watch the card tomorrow . 

I don't think you can underestimate the impace that the Countdown has. I used to live a mate who wasn't a big fan, but if he watched the 40 minute Countdown on a Friday afternoon, he would be buzzing for the fights on a Saturday night.

The main event played out how everyone thought it would. I think by the start of Round 3, when Colby got the easy takedown and Masvidal was happy to be in full guard for the first time in the match, was the point of no return in my eyes for Jorge. When Jorge wobbled Colby in R4, nearly every person in the building, commentators included, was willing Jorge to empty his gastank and go for the finish, but it was clear his gas tank for already running on fumes.

Greg Hardy getting his head pounded in is always satisfying. That, and the great Holland/Cowboy fight were the most memorable moments of the show. The RDA and Barboza fights also played out like how alot of people thought too. RDA's stock doesnt go up at all from this fight, but at least he gets paid I guess. Bryce looked good and stuck to the gameplan well, he should be in line for a nice fight next time.