Eagle FC Thread - EFC 47 - JDS vs. De Castro (May 20th) 🦅

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I’ll be giving it a look. The main event has ‘2 minute bombfest’ written all over it and as low as my expectations are, I’ll always tune in to see Rashad fight. That Kuramagomedov guy was actually set to debut in the UFC at one point last year, don’t know what happened there but he’s undefeated and might be worth keeping an eye on.

Is the Barao fight off then? 

Was a strange show, this. With the hype and Khabib behind this, I was expecting a much larger venue. Instead, the place where it was held was tiny, looked awful, and the crowd were dead. Looked really low budget, and they need to work on the sound drastically, as it had a worse atmosphere than the Apex, and it sounded like a Bellator lockdown show. When the Bare Knuckle shows completely smoke you on the production and venue side of things, you have big problems.

Speaking of sounding bad, the commentary was crap I thought. Your 'straight' play by play guy shouldnt be saying stuff like "You dont want to go for a piss break", as it sounds super amatuer. He had another belter for the main event too, "This is what you paid for! Live and free on the app".

I watched the top four matches, which were nothing to write home about. Nobody came out of it looking great, the matches were just there. Somehow the main event disappointed as well. I think the feeling was this could be floating around with Bellator in terms of size and importance, but based on this show they wont get anywhere close.

• Paid Members

Apologies if I've missed anything, but I've just realised: why is it called Eagle FC 44 if it's Khabib's debut event? Or is it just the debut of his promotion in the US?

EDIT: Forget it - just seen I missed that one sentence in Egg's original post. Sorry.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Didn’t get around to watching this in the end. My wife and daughter have been ill this weekend so I’ve mostly been on nurse duty and being run ragged by my little lad. Heard the fights weren’t much good but was happy to see Rashad got the win.

Saw these photos of Cejudo busting out the big Herman Munster shoes because he’s insecure though and it killed me. 

9F9F1BCE-055B-44D3-B009-0AEDB19EAFDC.jpeg

71AD276F-7CD9-4792-ADC3-B4A0539DEEAE.jpeg

• Paid Members

Sorry to hear the fam aren't well, wand - hope they get better soon.

Cejudo really should just sod off or get back to fighting. I know he was fairly dominant and a champ-champ, but, whilst it was most certainly a great record, it wasn't quite legendary, was it? Defended the BW belt once, and the Flyweight belt once before retiring. Certainly not the kind of record that gives him warrant to give the big "I Am" that he does.