Best promo battles of the last decade

RedRooster

This thread has been inspired by a post by @DavidB6937 in the AEW Dynamite thread, in which David referred to a tweet describing the CM Punk/MJF promo battle on last week's Dynamite as the best promo duel in the last decade. 

David said this was obviously bollocks, and having a terrible memory, I'm not really in a position to strongly agree or disagree with that statement. I can, however, ask the following question: What are the other contenders?

For simplicity, to define the "last decade" I'll go from January 1 2011 onwards. 

For my contribution, I'll also go recent. I loved MJF/Punk...but this was better: 

I am incredibly biased but yep, I'd go for that Eddie/Punk segment over the MJF one anyday. I liked the style of it more. It felt less scripted. Whoever said that MJF/Punk felt more like a WWE segment ... yeah I think that's how I feel about it. Kingston and Punk felt personal and less looking for 'ooohs!'.

When it comes to punk I like the one with him and Vince just before MITB. I thought that helped punk look like the guy.

Same with the one with Cena the contract signing for summerslam again helped punk become more established as a top guy. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

It's over 10 years but Michaels v Flair Old Yeller promo did it for me. It actually made me buy WM24.

Still one of the greatest promos and feuds they have ever done. WOO! 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Still one of the greatest promos and feuds they have ever done. WOO! 

EVER? You serious? You know “ever” includes all the feuds with more than one month build, more than one match and without completely predictable winners? Ever? Really? Ever?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

EVER? You serious? You know “ever” includes all the feuds with more than one month build, more than one match and without completely predictable winners? Ever? Really? Ever?

No idea if I'm being serious or not. Thanks for clarifying the meaning of ever. WOO! 

• Paid Members

The best promo back & forth ever is Bret & Austin surely, still love those VT's running into survivor series. 

One of the best feuds too, which is amazing given it wasn't actually on the cards until everything else shit the bed for the first third of it. 

Anyway Lesnars return with Cena was great from what I recall. There's sit downs with both if I remember right and they felt fresh and made the match feel really like something I had to see. They played up him kicking Cenas cap out the ring in packages too if I remember right, which was a lovely bit of symbolism as brock towered over a downed cena.

They ask Lesnar what he thinks is going through Cenas mind in one and he responds "don't worry what's going through his mind, worry what's running down his leg. Piss. He's scared piss-less" explaining his own joke like Alan Partridge in that delightful way only brock can.

I might be remembering that very selectively and have blanked out some dross.