Title match outcomes you were really invested in

RedRooster

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Wasn't this around the time he was taken off TV for a short time while a contractual issue was delt with, him having signed a contract or two before his WWF one he'd failed to disclose to them which WWF then had to sort for him, and as part of that it was forgotten when he returned to TV.

Yes. @wandshogun09 Anvil disappeared off TV right before SummerSlam and reappeared just before Badd Blood which was the convenience around them not having to do the shaving. At the time I actually thought they took him off TV for a bit because they realized it was a daft idea!

Goldberg v Hollywood Hogan, it may have been "thrown away" on free TV and didn't have the build (or really any build?) like Sting v Hogan did but this at the time felt like a true passing of the torch moment with the new biggest guy in wrestling. We all know how it ended but at that moment it the biggest title change I could remember, I was fully behind it.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, stewdogg said:

JC Thunder beating Simmons for me. Maybe cause I was invested in the storyline of JC never quite getting the job done, he may have in fact been on some massive losing streak when Simmons and his goons started picking on him. Everytime it looked like JC was getting the upper hand the bad guys would constantly interfere and he’d always fall short. I think he won the IPW version of the Royal Rumble and when he eventually beat Simmons the roof of the Orpington Halls almost came off. I’m sure @Big Benny HG can do it more justice than I can. 

Was one of the best bits of booking I've ever seen, that - a jobber with no wins in singles or tag winning the big belt in his first win, just because the heel was arrogant enough to constantly pick on him. And he even got a jobber catchphrase over: "...and the Streak. Starts. Here!"

I'm sure it's been done in Smoky Mountain or Memphis or Mid-South or something, but I've never seen or heard of anything like that in wrestling before.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, Carbomb said:

Was one of the best bits of booking I've ever seen, that - a jobber with no wins in singles or tag winning the big belt in his first win, just because the heel was arrogant enough to constantly pick on him. And he even got a jobber catchphrase over: "...and the Streak. Starts. Here!"

I'm sure it's been done in Smoky Mountain or Memphis or Mid-South or something, but I've never seen or heard of anything like that in wrestling before.

This is the first UK one into my mind too. It came towards the end of the Orpington days of IPW:UK. The story had seen JC Thunder go from comedy jobber with his entertaining 'style' matches into being picked on by Simmons and his cronies who had were thoroughly detested by the fans.JC didn't win the rumble but eliminated Simmons which got him a title shot. 

That match was so tense and I don't think a single butt cheek was parked properly on the rubbish plastic chairs in the last 5 minutes. After the 3 count the fans ran Into the ring including a fairly inebriated Benny looking very pleased. 

For me that wa memorable as being my last visit to Orpington and bar a couple of other shows I found time for the last IPW:UK show as I moved back to Bournemouth and couldn't afford the travel. It's also a shame that other things come to light about the prev promoter have scarred a few of these memories but less said the better.