Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 8/16/2024 at 5:06 PM, wandshogun09 said:

UFC 307 gets its headliner…

IMG-5611.jpg

The UFC with a nice birthday gift there for me. . . .

On 8/16/2024 at 6:32 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Wouldn’t go that far like, this as the co-main automatically knocks several points off…

???

IMG-5621.jpg

. . .bastards couldn't just leave it alone could they?

From what dana said following kaylas debut if she wins this fight there's a very good chance they will put her in for a title shot and if she wins it amanda nunes has said she will come out of retirement too fight her should she hold the belt. 

I love kayla anyway and want her to show everyone how great she is and has been for years and for her to have impressed Amanda too come out of retirement that's such a achievement and one I desperately want too happen early to mid next year cross fingers 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Might sound weird but I’m not really a fan of that. It’ll be a good fight just like the first one was but, I don’t know, I feel a bit cold on it for some reason. It’s a rematch we didn’t really need and I’d rather have seen Oliveira against someone else than having a redo with Chandler but I can’t complain too much. It’ll be fun.

Mad how Chandler wasted 2 years late in his career waiting on Conor McGregor to get his shit together though. That’s turned out to be for fuck all and he’s pushing 40 now. And now if McGregor does come back (yeah, I know), someone like Poirier or Gaethje will probably get the fight. Still, it’s the right move. He should’ve cracked on with what’s left of his career a while ago. You can’t rely on Conor.

• Paid Members

Barely seems worth posting this because it’s been the worst kept secret ever and we all knew it was coming. But it got confirmed last night…

IMG-5858.jpg

Bullshit fight at this point but let’s get it over with. This is the MSG card and Oliveira vs Chandler 2 will be 5 rounds as co-main event. Bo Nickal vs Paul Craig was also announced for this card.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that’s the problem. Anytime between say 2018 and 2021, the MMA world would’ve been buzzing for a Jones vs Miocic fight. In 2024 though, it genuinely feels a bit sad.

When people criticise this fight there’s always a few Jones fans ready to jump in with ‘don’t disrespect Stipe’ stuff as if this is prime Stipe we’re talking about. Really they’re just defending the matchup to try and make it seem like a legit win for Jones and make the blatant ducking of Tom Aspinall not look so bad. But as great as Stipe was (maybe the Heavyweight GOAT), he’s now 42 years old, it’ll be coming up on 4 years of inactivity by the time this fight rolls around in November, when he did last fight he got knocked out and the last time we saw him at an event he was hobbling like an 80 year old man. 

I don’t think many would’ve had a big problem with the booking if there wasn’t an interim champion waiting in the wings who’s also a much more legitimate and intriguing fight. But Tom Aspinall exists. As much as Jones would like to pretend he doesn’t.

Jones was happily taking pictures with Alex Pereira at the Sphere last night. Funny he didn’t seem to keen on taking pics with Aspinall when they ran into each other that time. Fully expecting that if Jones doesn’t retire straight after this Stipe fight, he’ll be pushing hard to position Pereira as the fight for him rather than Aspinall. Which would be a smart career move because Pereira’s probably the biggest star in the sport right now but he’s both smaller than Aspinall and has very sketchy grappling. It’s frustrating as fuck though when you’ve got loads of people still banging on about him being the GOAT this and that when he’s shamelessly dodging the real fight.