Terrible Takes

Max Power

I have a bunch of rubbish on my Kindle, mostly for when I have a shit and want something to read.

Anyway, my current binge has been The Raw Files by James Dixon and a bunch of other blokes. Flicking through their reviews, I just had to mention this beauty from the 1st October 2001 Raw.

"Mike Awesome is slumming it with Spike Dudley and The Hurricane when he should be contending for the WWF Championship. Goddamn shame".

Now I don't mind Mike Awesome, I found him entertaining at times. Some of his garbage matches were worth watching. But having him mix it up with Angle and Austin? No chance.

Any more spring to mind?

• Paid Members

The booking of Muhammad Hassan.

Those Arab-Americans, coming over being born here, being angry about being discriminated against for their religion and skin colour, and treated like foreigners disloyal to their birth country by politicians exploiting jingoistic fervour. What bastards.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Mike Awesome had kind of a unique look, some impressive agility and the like. I was a fan when I saw him wrestle, but he was a limited thing. I think he'd have done better for himself if he'd gone to the WWF instead of WCW when he did, as he hopefully wouldn't have been saddled with dogshit gimmicks like "that 70s guy" and "the fat chick thrilla", although he also likely would have been fed to Taker, who would then have told Vince he couldn't work and found himself on Velocity. I reckon he could have had some reasonable hoss matches with the likes of Albert and Test, and looked like a monster chucking Kaientai and Crash Holly around, and adding some variety and spectacle to the hardcore division. 

• Paid Members

The thing with Awesome was he was booked to look a monster in ECW where most guys were the size of Tommy Dreamer, Raven and RVD. In the WWF he simply couldn’t stand out in a company where guys like Show, Taker, Kane and Test were all over the card. Hell, even DDP could look him eye to eye so he couldn’t even look a monster among the Alliance.

Edited by air_raid