RIP Yaphet Kotto

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah he gets his own thread.

What a brilliant actor. Crossed over so many genres and sizes of roles, and was always confident in them. He was classically trained, got his break in blaxploitation (Across 110th Street, Truck Turner and Friday Foster are all superb) then worked in and out of Hollywood flitting between support roles in studio films (you know the ones) and roles in fun action stuff like Eye of the Tiger and The Park is Mine. He was also in Blue Collar, which is one of the best American films of the 1970s.

I love this guy.

• Paid Members

He was in some pretty big movies. I'll always remember him as Mr Big/Kananga from Live & Let Die. 

• Paid Members

A friend tells me that Mr Kotto turned down the role of Jean-Luc Picard back in the 80s. There's a show that had potential to turn out very differently.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A friend tells me that Mr Kotto turned down the role of Jean-Luc Picard back in the 80s. There's a show that had potential to turn out very differently.

Hopefully saying "Fuck off Colm, you're fucking in everything ever made as it is Meaney.".

• Paid Members

It was an NBC thing, so I wonder whether it is/will turn up on Peacock. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz