Bloody Awful Matches (that you love for some reason)

Mr. Levity 84

It’ll always be Lance Storm v Mike Awesome in the Canadian Rules Match at WCW New Blood Rising for me.

I enjoy goofy shit in my wrestling, hence why I didn’t mind Firefly Inferno the other week, but this starts off stupid good, gets stupid bad and goes all the way round that it ends up in stupid good again, and it’s got Mike Awesome in it, so that’s 10/10 right there.

The tease of a returning Bret Hart to appear in front of the Canadian crowd, only to end up with Jacque Rougeau (whose booed by his own countrymen) and his little Canadian Rules Match Rule Book, fantastic. 
The commentators talking how proud and honourable Canadians are as they Tanner away through the entire playing of the National Anthem, mwah!

Schiavone’s calls “only a 3 count” and “I can’t it, I’ve just counted to 4 and the match is still going on” are two of my all time favourites 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Thunderdome cage matches. 

Was only really one wasn't there? Flair & Sting vs Muta & Terry Funk at ""Halloween Havoc 1989". It was a bloody great match, IMO. It could have been really shit.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Does Luger turn on Flair? I though it was just a horrendously timed spot?

Wasn't it not (haven't watched it in a while) in the near dark as well? Too look all grimey and stuff.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Does Luger turn on Flair? I though it was just a horrendously timed spot?

Luger turns on everyone eventually. 

• Paid Members
On 1/5/2021 at 2:55 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

It’ll always be Lance Storm v Mike Awesome in the Canadian Rules Match at WCW New Blood Rising for me.

When we had Ophidian wrestling a full summer run for CIWW a few years back, we watched New Blood Rising on Saturday afternoon, and then immediately rebooked our entire Sunday afternoon card to accommodate a "Guernsey rules" match because we loved Storm vs Awesome so much. I doubt it holds up to any kind of scrutiny, but at the time it was one of my favourite matches I had ever worked. So much fun.

https://youtu.be/uH3OuSb6zOY

• Paid Members

Didn't Regal do it with his Duchess of Queensbury rules? And let's not forget the legendary Dave Rayne and his book of #Boom championship rules that he definitely didn't buy at WH Smith's that morning. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
On 1/7/2021 at 11:24 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Didn't Regal do it with his Duchess of Queensbury rules? And let's not forget the legendary Dave Rayne and his book as #Boom championship rules that he definitely didn't buy at WH Smith's that morning. 

Nothing says bloody awful matches that you actually love quite like Dave Rayne.