This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

Joyce has come in 25lbs heavier for the rematch against Zhang. It's a huge difference, he needs to make sure his footwork and head movement is so much better in this one. I'm going with Joyce  to make the adjustments and win via late stoppage  between rounds 10-12 or on points.

• Paid Members

I can only think he believes the extra weight is going to somewhat add to his ability to take a shot here, he still looks in good nick though. I'm not sure if Joe Joyce is able to fight any different to how he usually does at this point. 

• Paid Members

Joyce is turning into David Price and Zhang is his Tony Thompson. Joyce has nowhere to go at world level right now and it'll probably take 3-4 fights to get back to it. Add in the fact that his superpower as a heavyweight was a supposedly unbreakable chin, which now looks shop worn at best. At his age he probably should hang them up before it gets embarrassing. 

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing (Canelo vs. Charlo - Sept 30th) 🥊
  • Paid Members

big one this weekend...

F3IIEd6W4AUzMnR.thumb.jpg.d32d85a88ec90c9afbe68ffa9c0fc3c1.jpg

Probably not capturing much traction over here because Charlo remains abit anonymous, but this is a big fight. The fight has landed on DAZN over as part of the usual subscription which is nice. Little under the radar story of the night though is that the fight will feature Jim Lampley on commentary! I hope his return is permanent, i've missed the bloke.

• Paid Members

Finally got around to it. It was obvious that Charlo was massively up against it, but he never looked like he believed he could win. I don't know if Charlo realised early that he couldn't hurt Canelo, or if he didn't like the pressure of the power coming back at him, but he never went for it. Quite disappointing from a spectacle standpoint, but Canelo at 168 reamins the man. Charlo's flat performance looks it lost him a potential Bud Crawford fight too.

F7g5CA8WgAEgM_w.thumb.jpg.3a7b317f853909be19408cd446787cb1.jpg

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, Leigh Wood doesn't do anything but dramatic does he? 

4-5 round behind, looking discouraged and getting roughed up by a possessed-Warrington, he pulls this out of nowhere to keep his belt. Unbelievable stuff.

• Egg Shen changed the title to This Weekend's Boxing 🥊
  • Paid Members

Wood took everything that Warrington threw at him, both legal and illegal and pulled it out of the fire with a devastating barrage of punches. What a finisher he is. I have no problem with the stoppage, Warrington didn't look in control of his body and he didn't turn to the ref as he was counting.