Jump to content

Film scores / soundtracks


Chris B

Recommended Posts

Posted

All of Pino Donnagio's score for Tourist Trap is brilliant. But this piece finds it's way into my head at least once a week. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Well, fuck. RIP Ennio Morricone.

For those that are fans, what's your favourite Morricone score? I linked to Ecstasy of Gold earlier in the thread, but you can't go wrong. I'm fond of his early Giallo work, but the one that got me into his music? The Thing, which I thought was my favourite John Carpenter score until I found out it was Morricone.

 

Posted
On 7/3/2020 at 10:16 PM, lars85 said:

All of Pino Donnagio's score for Tourist Trap is brilliant. But this piece finds it's way into my head at least once a week. 

I'm a big fan of Donnagio. He did some great work with Brian De Palma and I'm really fond of this, from Body Double: 

 

Posted

Big fan of Ennio's work on The Mission and The Humanoid (dodgy italian Starwars rip off) 

 

Also a big fan of Basil Poledouris (Conan, Iron Eagle, Red Dawn, Red October, Robocop, Starship Troopers) , Vince DiCola (TFTM, Rocky IV),  Jerry Goldsmith (Especially Star Trek First Contact and Commando ), Philip Glass (Truman Show) 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Couple of slightly less well-known Morricone, but they're crackers. 

This one was used as the theme for the Julia Davis 'Nighty Night' series, but it's the least cowboy-film-sounding cowboy-film theme ever.

 

 

This is a selection of his earlier Giallo (italian horror/thriller) work - much less epic in scale, but some brilliant stuff in there. I've linked specifically to one of my favourite ones - it's everything you think about when you think of 70s euro films.

 

 

  • 8 months later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Much like the quality of the film tends to get forgotten behind Dirty Harry, Magnum Force has a superb soundtrack too, more Lalo Schifrin magic.

The opening titles are mesmerising and worrying too.

 

  • 6 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...