WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It just seems so tone deaf, I don't think people are necessarily against the mid generation update but at that price and the lack of any mention of new games which are dearly needed. All that good will from Astro Bot instantly vanished.

They could have had Astro Bot pre-installed as an incentive. But nope, they’re giving away a game that everyone who already has a PS5 has played. 

Edit: Speaking of Astro Bot, I’ve just finished…

Spoiler

The God Of War level. What a romp!

Edited by Dr. Alan Grant

1 hour ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

They could have had Astro Bot pre-installed as an incentive. But nope, they’re giving away a game that everyone who already has a PS5 has played. 

Edit: Speaking of Astro Bot, I’ve just finished…

Hide contents

The God Of War level. What a romp!

As good as Astro Bot is, its not worth £700.

I know there's technically more stuff to play than ever, loads of cheap games around, the indies etc but as someone who has just not been enamoured at all with...I don't know...the general feel of gaming and the culture and norms that surround it at the top level for awhile now, this feels like a proper benchmark moment that solidifies that sentiment more than ever. I would have said it's like wrestling in terms of how I seem to just siphon off the nostalgia of it for the most part, but wrestling's actually awesome now and the PS5 Pro's pricing is just hubristic insanity. 

That being said, if they put LSD: Dream Simulator and Skullmonkeys on the plus catalogue I'll consider it. 

Edited by The Gaffer

12 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

I know there's technically more stuff to play than ever, loads of cheap games around, the indies etc but as someone who has just not been enamoured at all with...I don't know...the general feel of gaming and the culture and norms that surround it at the top level for awhile now, this feels like a proper benchmark moment that solidifies that sentiment more than ever. I would have said it's like wrestling in terms of how I seem to just siphon off the nostalgia of it for the most part, but wrestling's actually awesome now and the PS5 Pro's pricing is just hubristic insanity. 

That being said, if they put LSD: Dream Simulator and Skullmonkeys on the plus catalogue I'll consider it. 

Mate of mine thinks the PS5 Pro is an absolute rip off with no disc drive, but he says he's getting it anyway. He's the target audience, will get it because they play so much. He's had his PS5 since day 1 and probably sees this as an excuse to buy a replacement for his 4 year old console (which I'm sure he'll sell on easily). 

I do think it's good to just get rid of disc consoles and give the option of a disc drive if you want one. 

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's alright, Microsoft are trying to piss people off too. Nintendo need to announce the Switch 2 like now and save the world.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xboxs-new-game-pass-standard-tier-yanks-access-to-starfield-hellblade-2-diablo-4-and-more

The new Gamepass tiers are stupidly confusing. They were as well as to increase the price slightly for everyone, and (potentially) add a new 'online only' tier, where you're paying for online play and nothing else. As it stands, it's so unnecessarily messy. 

10 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

The new Gamepass tiers are stupidly confusing. They were as well as to increase the price slightly for everyone, and (potentially) add a new 'online only' tier, where you're paying for online play and nothing else. As it stands, it's so unnecessarily messy. 

Yeah I read it like three times last night and I'm still not sure what the fuck they all are to be honest.

A Switch 2 that's roughly as powerful as a PS4 / XB1 that's fully backwards compatible with the Switch games and Joycons.

(Also call it the Super Switch please)

That would do me. Launch it with Metroid Prime 4 and announce a new 3d Mario and Mario Kart. 

Edited by Ironic Indie Lad

55 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

That would do me. Launch it with Metroid Prime 4 and announce a new 3d Mario and Mario Kart. 

It's mad to think there hasn't been a brand new Mario Kart game released in over a decade (MK8 was first released in May 2014) - that has to be a launch title, surely?

I hope they essentially make a 'Super Smash Kart' though, adding racers from across the Nintendo stable of games - I want to smash Tom Nook with a blue shell, or race as Samus, Pikachu or Ganondorf!

7 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

It's mad to think there hasn't been a brand new Mario Kart game released in over a decade (MK8 was first released in May 2014) - that has to be a launch title, surely?

I hope they essentially make a 'Super Smash Kart' though, adding racers from across the Nintendo stable of games - I want to smash Tom Nook with a blue shell, or race as Samus, Pikachu or Ganondorf!

I think that is the way to go. It already started a bit with Link and Inklings being included, F-Zero courses etc. 

8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah I'm definitely ready for a new Mario Kart. Will be interesting to see what they do as the last one plus the expansions was pretty much the definitive EVERYTHING. So they need to really focus on new stuff for a new game.

It's similar with Smash Bros - where do you go from Ultimate? Other than adding Waluigi to the list of fighters, of course. 

With Mario Kart (Mario Kart all-stars, perhaps?) a game in which the tracks are all based around other franchises, and the racers are from different Nintendo franchises would be a lot of fun - and perhaps a programme of DLC that goes beyond Nintendo - a Sonic the Hedgehog pack, a NES classics pac (including racers/tracks based on things like Pac-Man and Megaman) etc 

I'm ready for more, whatever the case!

Edited by RedTwoster