UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal - Jul 11 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝🌴

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

oh aye, good spot Kfogg.Β 

As much as it'll be good to see, it still isnt ideal, Masvidal stepping in on a weeks notice to fight Usman is probably not a wise move. Id assume Masvidal is in decent nick because he was negotiated to fight him originally, but i wouldnt favour many people against Usman unless fully prepared.

Any other person in this position i would agree but i genuinely think Masvidal will have been training for this fight as i just read this was originally supposed to be the main event for this ppv anyway then the whole money thing came up. Jorge Isn't a stupid guy by any means, he wouldn't offer to step up and fight if he didn't think he was ready, as we all know you can get 1 title shot and that's your lot for ages. He wouldn't squander that i genuinely believe that

• Paid Members

Bit of a surprise that, if it ends up happening. Either the UFC bent and gave Masvidal more dough or he’s been lured by the opportunity of the title shot and thinks he might catch Usman off guard. Bit surprised ifΒ Usman has accepted this as well. Everyone’s talking about Masvidal’s prep or lack of but Usman’s been training for Burns who hasΒ quite a different set of skills that Jorge. It’s an interesting one. I’m a bit disappointed though, to be honest. Usman vs Burns was the one for me and now even if Usman beats Masvidal easily, he’ll probably not want straight back in there so it’ll delay the Burns fight whatever happens.Β Like Egg said, this isn’t ideal for anyone. Don’t know why the UFC feel like they need to cobble together this fight right now. This card didn’t need it, Usman vs Burns could’ve been rebooked for August or September. Maybe it’s Usman whoΒ wanted it though. He hasn’t fought since December and I guess he just wants to keep the ball rolling on his momentum and get another payday in. I hope he wins. I’d hate to see Masvidal fuck things up under these circumstances.Β 

• Paid Members

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Don’t know why the UFC feel like they need to cobble together this fight right now.

If this card was taking place at the Apex, they probably would have sidelined Usman.

However:

I was scratching my head before reading Helwani's Tweet.Β 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Any other person in this position i would agree but i genuinely think Masvidal will have been training for this fight as i just read this was originally supposed to be the main event for this ppv anyway then the whole money thing came up. Jorge Isn't a stupid guy by any means, he wouldn't offer to step up and fight if he didn't think he was ready, as we all know you can get 1 title shot and that's your lot for ages. He wouldn't squander that i genuinely believe that

Sorry just seen this. I think you’re being a tad optimistic Fogg. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if Masvidal hadn’t even started training forΒ Usman. And while Usman vs Masvidal was the original plan, it never got past the negotiation stage as Masvidal wasn’t happy with the money. I doubt he’d have started camp before the $ figureΒ was in place. Plus there’d already been speculation that Masvidal was probably not going to fight Usman next and I’m sure he was hinting at/trying to goad Conor McGregor and Nate DiazΒ into something on social media around that time,Β even though he was thought to be next in line for Usman.Β Not saying he was scared of Usman or anything. But it kind of makes sense that he’d be angling for more favourable style fightsΒ against bigger and more popular names like ConorΒ and Diaz than a bit of a nightmare matchup with Usman. Those are fights that he has a decent shot of winning AND possibly makes more money in.

On top of that, Masvidal isn’t known as a year-roundΒ gym rat. He’s not a GSP type who was always in the gym even when he never had a fight booked.Β He’s a Cuban boy who loves his foodΒ and probably gets all chubby between camps. And it’s not like Burns has a rep for pulling out of fights. Obviously it was COVID not an injury but still, with how consistentlyΒ active Burns is, I doubt Masvidal was training in expectation of Burns pulling out. Of all the fights you could’ve seen falling apart over the next month, Usman vs Burns seemed pretty safe to me. Both are rarely injured and they stay in shape. COVID can throw a spanner into anything though. But when you add in Masvidal’sΒ gripes over hisΒ money as well, IΒ find it hard to imagine Jorge was doing much training over the last few weeks. Probably a lot of scoffing chips and drinking Coke though.

And lastly, even if Jorge was fooling everyone and was smashing it in the gym the last month, we know Usman has too. AndΒ even a fully fit Masvidal isn’t a good matchup style-wise for Usman. People forget now but not many were fancying Jorge to beat Ben Askren a year ago. And there was good reason for that. Masvidal can be outgrappled and smothered. And Usman is a better and much more well rounded and athletic, in primeΒ versionΒ of Askren. Masvidal’s good, but people have got swept up in his wins over Askren (who retired not long after and had hip replacement surgery) and Diaz who’s lost as many as he’s won at the higher levels. I’d favour Usman over Masvidal probably 8 times out of 10 if they both had a good 2 months of camp. But under these circumstances, Jorge’s chances are even slimmer. All that’s giving me doubt is the old β€˜late replacement curse’ and the fact it’s 2020 and everything’s fucked up.

Nah, Usman’s going to spank him.

5B5A080B-9E6F-490B-B3EA-0B6F3D3F9C41.gif

πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬Β 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That fake Helwani account got me πŸ˜‚

Yep. How many fake Helwani’s areΒ there on Twitter now? Fuck’s sake man. My heart nearlyΒ dropped through my bum hole when I read your other post. Fuck Ariell Helwanii.Β 

8DDDE9D2-0DC9-46D5-B2B1-7D05F9A0F67E.jpeg