UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal - Jul 11 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝🌴

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, SBD said:

had a listen to that last night, quite surprise to hear Masvidal double down on wanting to fight Usman again. I thoughtΒ he'd be more interested in potential bigger fights (McGregor, Diaz) but it genuinely sounds like he wants to go after the belt, gotta give him credit for that.

Given the nature of the bout i wouldnt have though there'd be much chance of it happening next, but given the PPV success of the show, plus being able to use the short notice nature of the bout as reasoning, could we see Usman/Masvidal II next?

*edit,Β dunno why ive typed that insids the quote box.

Edited by Egg Shen

12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

If they do go with Usman/Burns next and then do Woodley/Covington.

Where does thatΒ leave Leon Edwards again?

Leon Edwards is in real danger of being forgotten about entirely. He's not fought in almost a year now, while Burns has fought four times in that same timeframe, winning all four.

I'd throw Edwards in there with Mike Chiesa. He's been burning the division up since his move from 155. From that bout there'd be a contender worth seeing.

52 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

the only other guy ranked above Chiesa that seems viable is potentially Wonderboy Thompson.Β 

I don't think Dana will want him anywhere near the title scene at the moment. The spectre of the snoozefest that him and Woodley had lives long in the memory, and the similarities between Woodley and Usman style-wise isn't appealing.

Chiesa is the fresher option I think.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, David said:

Leon Edwards is in real danger of being forgotten about entirely.

I feel like he already has. I can barely remember his name, and then only reminded of him when someone typically says what you just did.Β I feel like you never hear him mentioned on UFC shows either.

I feel for Leon, he's a very talented fighter but quite boring in and out the Octagon. A fight against Masvidal would be good for him but I imagine that shipped has sailed for Jorge now.

Late thoughts -Β 

Usman controlled and dominated the fight to a clear decision as expected. He's a beast.

I thought Max Holloway looked good, made the right adjustments and squeaked out a win. Certainly not a robbery but a real shame as this would have made for an excellent trilogy fight.

Yan v Aldo was amazing, but so hard to watch that beatdown at the end.

Rose vs Andrade was very enjoyable. I think stylistically Rose is one of my favourite fighters in the UFC. She carried on all the great work she did from the first fight but managed to avoid the big bomb this time, which always looked a threat.

Can't remember much else except that crazy guy who knocked out Ouzdemir.Β Β He looks exciting, but possibly in a Johnny Walker/ Michele Pereira way that might see his crazy style cruelly exposed deeper into his career. Having said that, there ain't much between him and Jon Jones at LHW right now.

21 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Can't remember much else except that crazy guy who knocked out Ouzdemir.Β Β He looks exciting, but possibly in a Johnny Walker/ Michele Pereira way that might see his crazy style cruelly exposed deeper into his career.

With the Walker hype train seemingly well and truly derailed, maybe that's a good matchup for him next? Would make for an exciting fight.