UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal - Jul 11 πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ 🏝🌴

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I just watched a whole 12 minute video of Max Holloway and his kid hunting for thatΒ KFC donut chicken sandwich (which sounds absolutely fucking rank) and never regretted a bitΒ of it.Β 

Before anyone loses their shit, this was filmed in March. It’s not going to effect the weight cut.

I love these two though. Only thing I couldn’t stand was the slopping mouths as I loathe noisy eating. But honestly, Max and his mini me should have their own show. TheirΒ father and son bond is proper heartwarming to see and it makes me look forward to when my boy’s old enough to do stuff like this with.

Donut and chicken though. What kind of creature thought that one up? Dirty mares.Β 

• Paid Members

Same. I was a fan of his fighting before I even knew much about his personality but over the years, the more I’ve seen of him away fromΒ the cage the more sound he comes across. I really like Volkanovski, and I rate him highly. I fancy him to win again on Saturday night andΒ your post on the last page pretty much nails my thinking too. But I can’t lie, I’d love to see Max get the belt back. I wasn’t ready for his reign to end. I was hoping for a long run of defence against the likes of Zombie, Zabit, Yair and that lot. But as much as I rated Volk, heΒ even surpassed my expectations with that performance in the first fight. Max has got his work cut out and I can’t really think of a clear path to victory based on how well Volk handled him last time. I hope Holloway evens the score though.

And,Β of course, a Holloway winΒ opensΒ up the trilogy decider down the line as well.Β 

• Paid Members

The UFC are still luring people in by posting photos of the octagon on the sand πŸ˜„ going off the comments they are gonna be some disappointed fans Saturday night.

"what about sand on the mat?", "what about the heat?", "what if the sun gets in the fighters eyes?"

• Paid Members

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I'm actually really, truly excited for Saturday - more so than I have been for a card in a fair while - due to the Joker card that is Masvidal being fucked into the deck.
I think he's the best possible replacement we could have gotten, because of the legit animosity between the the pair of them and also because this lad truly believes he's unbeatable lately and will carry that confidence into the octagon with him on Saturday, to the point - with me anyway - where it's made the fight ridiculously interesting, in that I kind of, sort of, don't know what's going to happen.
Usman will most likely beat him, but what if? What if that crazy cunt after - hopefully - cutting 22lbs catches Usman with one of those clattering thunderbastard shots of his and wins that belt.

Now watch, after me saying that, Usman makes the poor cunt shite himself square in the center of the Octagon...

Ridiculous card though.

Β 

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

if Masvidal wins, legit superstardom beckons surely. I watched abit of ESPN yesterday and Masvidal stepping in was the big news. Given the current climate, plus the Fight Island thing, lack of other sports, there's gonna alot of eyes on this show.

oh and Embedded is out:

Β 

• Paid Members

I honestly didn't know this show was taking place until the Masvidal news broke. I'm not the biggest Masvidal fan but he's undeniably an exciting fighter.

I think the only thing Usman has to fear right now is a PED test, so I heavily favour him, but Masvidal could easily do something mental and spark him out. With Usman, it's whether you can survive the crazy pace and I doubt Masvidal was working hard on his cardio prior to this. If Usman makes it out the first round or two I can see him smothering Masvidal and maybe doing so to a finish.

Β 

• Paid Members

Masvidal has admitted he's not in great shape but is in good enough shape to beat Usman. That could be bravado speaking, but he probably believes that, Masvidal's self belief is off the page at the moment.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Masvidal has admitted he's not in great shape but is in good enough shape to beat Usman. That could be bravado speaking, but he probably believes that, Masvidal's self belief is off the page at the moment.

Going against someone with the cardio that Usman has that doesn't sound good.

• Paid Members

Yeah, self belief only takes you so far. It’s not like Usman doesn’t believe in himself either. But he’llΒ have the conditioning on top of that.

God I hope Usman wins. The overnight Masvidal groupies are going to be fucking unbearable with the β€˜gangsta’ shiteΒ if he pulls this off. Despite them all probably looking like Millhouse in real life. He’s kind ofΒ becoming the new McGregor for me. Not in how he’s carrying on himself, he’s nowhere near as bad as that cretin. But the way his fans seem to go to great lengths to try to explain away his flaws and act like he can beat anyone because he’s a β€˜G’. Or something. I’m pretty convinced it’sΒ almost entirelyΒ nerds living vicariously through him and it’sΒ cringeyΒ as fuck.Β 

Hype goes a long long way Wand.Β 

No one would be giving him a chance against GSP whereas we would be giving Usman a shot with GSP. Similarly we were salivating at the lips of Diaz vs Masvidal yet we wouldn't give Diaz much of a chance. Equally the Mcgregor Usman rumours resulted in everyone in unison saying Mcgregor is getting slaughtered yet people would love to see that.

Styles make fights and sometimes the match ups tend to work where a guy can lose to a number of guys and always have one particular guys number. Yet logic is there are levels in combat sports. So based on that Usman wins.

Yet Masvidal could always pull of his Matt Serra moment. A lot of competitors seem to have that one nights where they raise their level.Β 

The meme's, video footage and everything will be off the charts on Sunday if he somehow wins by stoppage.Β 

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

God I hope Usman wins. The overnight Masvidal groupies are going to be fucking unbearableΒ 

as a noted long time Masvidal supporter, I hope you're not including me in that group Wand. πŸ˜‰