Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted February 9, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 9, 2023 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQCusvG96k Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 10, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2023 (edited) 9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Shit fact, this was one of the first musical productions Pharell Williams is credited on with this remix. He is the one saying S.. W.. V... Anyway, I had this pop in my head randomly (probably as I used to hear this around the same time) Edited February 10, 2023 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Keith Houchen Posted February 10, 2023 Posted February 10, 2023 3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Shit fact, this was one of the first musical productions Pharell Williams is credited on with this remix. He is the one saying S.. W.. V... That’s not a shit fact! I love stuff like this! Guess that’s why I loved Pop Up Video so much. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 10, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted February 10, 2023 3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Shit fact, this was one of the first musical productions Pharell Williams is credited on with this remix. He is the one saying S.. W.. V... Anyway, I had this pop in my head randomly (probably as I used to hear this around the same time) A damn shame this was used on some shitty advert, as it still gives me a vibe of mid nineties watching shite telly, even though the song's really good. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 10, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2023 47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: That’s not a shit fact! I love stuff like this! Guess that’s why I loved Pop Up Video so much. I am a massive Pharrell fan back in the day (I met my wife at a N*E*R*D gig) and went down a rabbit hole a few years ago and couldn't believe he started so young, especially when Neptunes didn't really get into their own thing until 98/99. However, now you know it, you can definitely hear its him, especially the second time near the end. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 10, 2023 Members Posted February 10, 2023 52 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: That’s not a shit fact! I love stuff like this! Guess that’s why I loved Pop Up Video so much. That was great. It's not quite true that he produced the song, or had any input into the production, it is his voice. If you listen to a lot of early Neptunes stuff, you can hear a massive new jack swing influence IMO. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted February 10, 2023 Paid Members Posted February 10, 2023 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: That was great. It's not quite true that he produced the song, or had any input into the production, it is his voice. If you listen to a lot of early Neptunes stuff, you can hear a massive new jack swing influence IMO. Yeah I worded it wrong. Hes credited on the production, as he's vocals are on it, but it was Teddy Riley who if I remember correctly had taken him under his wing to mentor him. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.