12 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Two things from last night's episode that have me a bit stumped:

- Why did Vilanelle kill Felix?,Ā 

- When 'Desmonds' Idris Elba was texting and calling Eve on Kennys phone, were we supposed to be able to read the pop up texts? Because if we were, I'm in a bit of trouble with my lamps.Ā 

I genuinely stood up, went to my TV and stood above it looking down.

Like a fucking idiot.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Two things from last night's episode that have me a bit stumped:

- Why did Vilanelle kill Felix?,Ā 

- When 'Desmonds' Idris Elba was texting and calling Eve on Kennys phone, were we supposed to be able to read the pop up texts? Because if we were, I'm in a bit of trouble with my lamps.Ā 

I'm assuming she did it because he was doing a shitty job. Then again, she has form for killing young lads out of the blue.

Yeah, I struggled to read them as well but you didn't miss much, it was just Kenny's boss telling Eve to bring the phone in.

Loved this episode too and the vulnerability Villanelle's showing at the end with Konstantin showing up again and the news that Eve's alive. Just when she thinks she's in control, she's not.

Also, Fiona Shaw's acting in this episode was brilliant even by her high standards, especially when she was in the car.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Absolutely this. One of the best TV face turns I've seen, and all through the subtle lowering of her eyelids.

When she's walking with Kenny's girlfriend and she stops for a second to emphasise that she could be hard on him. My heart! An absolute masterclass.

• Paid Members

Also putting away that 2nd whiskey in her kitchen. The little shaking in her hands and twitch in her mouth, pulling the curtain back on herself, while trying to maintain some semblance of her tough exterior in front of Eve. What an absolutely wonderful episode, all around.
Off topic on Shaw ; We'd only just put the three episodes of Mrs.Wilson away on Sunday night, and she was absolutely incredible in that also.
Ā 

Episode 3 of the new series was probably the worst episode of this show there has ever been, and there is a real danger this is going to peter out into a shit series, which would be a shame.

It exposed all the worst things about the show when it's not going well, and only Fiona Shaw saved it, as usual. The dialogueĀ in particular was absolutely dreadful.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree. The thrill was in the chase. But then once said chase had finished (it had to), the rest was just another average show.

All the main players are still great in their performances, but this is now a bit of a chore. Shame.

Edit: fucking phone.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This weekā€™s episode is really good, a proper showcase for Jodie Comer who is superb throughout.

Agreed. Because she's always been the showier of the two leads, I think her acting get slightly overlooked against Sandra Oh's more grounded character. But here she was superb, and it was superbly written for her.

At some point they were going to have to delve into her family and background but I think what was clever about this episode, which is probably my favourite of this series so far, was that it's clearly going to spark a change in Villanelle. Not just a case of 'let's have an episodeĀ just about her family'. It's great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...