Forgetting you don't like something

stumobir

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Alexandra Daddario is in Baywatch. It’s 12/10 

Hannibal, honestly you should’ve just taken it on the chin (KennethWilliams.jpg), and admitted you forgot what you wrote. 

I’m pretty sure we’ve all flip flopped on a film/album/match/etc or just plainly forgotten.

I am 34 and I still buy green pesto. I don’t like green pesto and I’m reminded of this every time I eat it. But I still go and buy it. I just fucking forget. It happens. 

Good idea for a thread that. I have the same issue with milky coffees like cappuccinos, still find myself buying one every fortnight or so.

Black or black with a splash of milk - might get a tattoo. 

9 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Good idea for a thread that. I have the same issue with milky coffees like cappuccinos, still find myself buying one every fortnight or so.

Black or black with a splash of milk - might get a tattoo. 

Green olives too. Do I like them? Nope. Will I pick a jar up at the supermarket and think “oooh, lovely green olives” Yep.

• Moderators

I don't think that's normal. I have never forgotten that I don't like a food or drink. I might try again to see if my opinion has changed but that's different.

Edit: splitting this out because I need to know what the consensus is. If this is normal behaviour then I understand and empathise with the rest of humanity about 50% less than I thought I did.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I may have selective amnesia then because I do it with loads of stuff, not just food and drink.

Went swimming (not floating around a pool on holiday) for the first time in years a few weeks ago. It was hell. Stingy eyes from over-chlorinated water, mouthfuls of the stuff with every breath I took, screaming kids echoing through the shitty prefab leisure centre, manky veruca ridden showers. Not for me, or at least not for another couple years.

I get this with most of the modern adult animations. Paradise PD, F is for Family, Bojack (I know that last one is really well loved, it's just not for me). Archer is probably the biggest offender. Every now and then I'll sit down to have some bachelor dinner I've just rustled up when I've got a night to myself, see it on Netflix, and think to myself "this will be a good laugh for half an hour, everybody loves it."

Then usually after ten minutes of whatever it is I've put on, I'll shrug my shoulders and switch it off. Hahaha, everyone's a cruel nihilist and the animals are smoking doobies. 

I’ll try and clarify.

I fucking detest Rollmops. They are the worst thing on earth. I hate them and would never buy them. I don’t forget i hate them.

With the olives and pesto, it’s more forgetting that I don’t like them as much as I think I do. “Love red pesto and black olives so surely we’ll like green pesto and green olives” my brain tells me again as I stand in the shop panicking that I have an empty basket after half an hour in there.

I’ll eat them and be disappointed again,but I’ll still finish them off as I don’t like waste. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did you forget you hated it or did you just think 'oh maybe it's not as bad as I remember it being, I'll give it another go'?

Important distinction.

With the milky coffee it’s definitely less of hating it and more forgetting how underwhelming they always are. I don’t actually buy them fortnightly. 

Swimming was different. I remembered after about the second length that I actually really dislike swimming, as a “sport”.

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Do you just browse?

Just an old routine. I wake up at 5am, piddle and/or try to eek out a silent or mildly squeaky Millhouse and Bart so as not to draw attention to myself and wake anyone up, go down the kitchen, make Turmeric, Ginger & Cayenne pepper tea that tastes like the pot water from a Bookies jacks, grab my phone, scroll on Facebook, check WhatsApp, check here, check Resident Advisor, check Limetorrents and check XVideos. It's literally just default routine until I'm fully awake and aware of what I should be doing.

24 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Just an old routine. I wake up at 5am, piddle and/or try to eek out a silent or mildly squeaky Millhouse and Bart so as not to draw attention to myself and wake anyone up, go down the kitchen, make Turmeric, Ginger & Cayenne pepper tea that tastes like the pot water from a Bookies jacks, grab my phone, scroll on Facebook, check WhatsApp, check here, check Resident Advisor, check Limetorrents and check XVideos. It's literally just default routine until I'm fully awake and aware of what I should be doing.

Hang on

So you obviously don't live alone seeing as you are trying not to wake anyone with your fartskis. Who is upstairs while you are down in the kitchen drinking that filth and scrolling through bongo?

59 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't think that's normal. I have never forgotten that I don't like a food or drink. I might try again to see if my opinion has changed but that's different.

Edit: splitting this out because I need to know what the consensus is. If this is normal behaviour then I understand and empathise with the rest of humanity about 50% less than I thought I did.

I've never forgotten that I don't like a certain food or drink, but there are instances where I'll order certain things from restaurants or fast food chains and remember how much better another item I could've ordered was. 

Food buyers remorse might be the most appropriate.