Wrestlemania 36- Tampa Bay Bay

Sonny Mustang

looking at the dates WM 33 would have been at the end of spring break, so yeah probably would have been quieter if you stayed after mania.

Fast Passes are a god send, but I'm surprised you didn't see any major wait times outwith that. 

13 hours ago, boyfriend said:

Hi guys,

Anybody have any idea which UK airports are the cheapest to fly to Tampa? Thanks!

Cheapest I can see is £291 return, from Heathrow on March 31st. Return flight on April 7th. Both flights have one transfer (Boston on the way there, Atlanta on the way back). 

For direct flights, I could be wrong but I think it’s just Gatwick and it’s about £500-600 return.

You can alter the search parameters on skyscanner to find the best deal for you.

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Cheapest I can see is £291 return, from Heathrow on March 31st. Return flight on April 7th. Both flights have one transfer (Boston on the way there, Atlanta on the way back). 

For direct flights, I could be wrong but I think it’s just Gatwick and it’s about £500-600 return.

You can alter the search parameters on skyscanner to find the best deal for you.

You’re right the only direct is gatwick. Have a play on scancanner- the cheapest option depends on many parameters including how easy it is to get to regional airports from your gaff. Taking connections should not be considered a deal breaker- Tampa is not a hub airport in the US but, unless you have very small children, a quick layover in Atlanta or Philly is no big deal.

always check Orlando too, sometimes it’s a good few hundred cheaper which makes it feasible.

Thanks a million guys, appreciate that. Will hopefully booking over the next week or so.

Orlando wise - we seen a good deal but the only fear was arriving there around 8 at night and been unsure of getting transport to Tampa.

We don't drive so a rental is out. Can't see any busses and train times don't work. We could Uber but someone was saying it might be hard to get a driver to take you to Tampa as they'd be losing out as it's 1.20 trip there and then back again.

Sorry I just have said - Dublin!

But we were planning 2 weeks in Orlando after Mania and prices weren't the best so thought a short hop here and a UK flight out might work either.

Price wise - Is there a better time to book or is it too hard to tell? I mean it's 8 months away now. Should more flight options appear later? Thanks

Agreed with Pit, you'd be better centering your trip in Orlando and going through to Tampa for the mania nights. There are plenty of transport options during the day you can look into to get you moved over for the duration. The other thing to consider as well is that UK may well be out of the EU by the time you fly so you'd have added travel issues there if you hop over here first, nothing major I'd wager but something to consider.

If you're using the likes of SkyScanner/netflights be wary of the prices as 9 times out of 10 these are for hand luggage tickets only so would end up being more to add hold baggage. In terms of when to book it's a bit of a crapshoot I'm afraid. Prices may drop closer as they look to fill flights but also availability might get restricted pushing your prices up. It's also a lot of money to lay out for accommodation, mania, disney, etc without the comfort of knowing you have flights booked.

• 1 month later...

I have just started looking at booking things for Mania as its defo working out as doable after much debating. Looking at flights from Gatwick to Toronto and then Toronto to tampa which is working out at ÂŁ450 which seems ok.

My question is i have just seen a few people mention it we are planning on going to Disney afterwards is it better to base in Orlando from the start and just travel for the few days of Mania weekend? 

it is proving costly it seems to head to Orlando from Tampa on the Tuesday 7th. Any help on this would be appreciated 

Edited by Dan
Spelling Mistake