WWF Glasgow Scotland 2002?

britboy93

First post guys!!

Been lurking the forum a while looking for info and past WWF events in the UK.

Does anyone have any recollection of been at the SECC in Glasgow Scotland during a WWF 2002 tour?

Your experiences, the crowd, the Set/Tron etc? What was it like the layout in General? I remember been hugely upset when my parents failed to get a ticket for the show they were on the phone for hours and it sold out, the call person then offered us tickets for the WWA retribution ppv in the front row as it wasn't selling well. I have attended mostly all the house shows in Glasgow since around 2004 Braehead Arena days etc... However i'm very intrigued about this 2002 show that i missed, if theirs any photos or anything available please post them.

The Card below

Rob Van Dam bt. X-pac.

Jerry Lawler & Jacky bt. Mr. Perfect & Molly Holly.

Brock Lesnar bt. Matt Hardy.

Fatal Four-Way WWF Hardcore Title Match:

Stasiak v Credible v Richards v Crash Holly.
Stasiak pinned Crash with a rollup..
Credible pinned Stasiak after a superkick..
Crash pinned Credible after a bulldog..
Richards pinned Crash after a guitar shot..
Stasiak rolled up Richards..
Richards pinned Stasiak and high tailed it out of the arena.. 

WWF WOMANS TITLE: Jazz bt. Trish.

Stone Cold Steve Austin bt. Big Show.

Tommy Dreamer & Spike Dudley bt. Goldust & Booker T .

WWF IC TITLE: Eddie Guerrero bt. Jeff Hardy.

Scott Hall bt. Bradshaw with help from XPac & Kevin Nash.

Ric Flair & Triple-H bt. William Regal & Undertaker.

40415982603_b63e5ece3a_b.jpgwwas by divclark_1993 clark, on Flickr

My Mum tried for hours to get through for tickets to this from the moment lines opened and failed miserably. 

Thankfully, my best mate at the time had managed to get 2 tickets and his Mum was willing to give up hers and let me go. She ran us to the event and let our 12 year old selves go in on our own while she spent 3 hours (or however long) in the car reading a book. Probably something noone would do in this day but it was a simpler more innocent time. 

I'm sure I remember being in shock at a title change (must have been that Hardcore match) and to this day I remember how huge Big Show was in person. I'm sure he was part of NWO at this time. 

I don't recall much else but at that time it felt incredible to be there. 

• Paid Members

Sounds better than the show I saw in Sheffield the year after. The only things I remember from it are Sean O'Haire Vs Rey Mysterio and the main event was Los Guerreros & Rikishi Vs the FBI. There were some fans sat near us chanting for Johnny The Bull the whole way through. 

23 hours ago, FUM said:

My Mum tried for hours to get through for tickets to this from the moment lines opened and failed miserably. 

Thankfully, my best mate at the time had managed to get 2 tickets and his Mum was willing to give up hers and let me go. She ran us to the event and let our 12 year old selves go in on our own while she spent 3 hours (or however long) in the car reading a book. Probably something noone would do in this day but it was a simpler more innocent time. 

I'm sure I remember being in shock at a title change (must have been that Hardcore match) and to this day I remember how huge Big Show was in person. I'm sure he was part of NWO at this time. 

I don't recall much else but at that time it felt incredible to be there. 

Nice one!! Any recollection of  a Set or Tron? As i said i missed the show but managed to attend the WWA retribution ppv featuring all the WCW rejects at the time i remember being shocked when Jeremy Borash announced we were going live on PPV and seeing the big Castle Tron that they had going on was an awesome feeling at the time. A few have said they felt the Secc was too big for a wrestling show i disagree.

It would have looked like the image below.

imageGen.jpeg

There definitely wasn't a tron I'm fairly certain on that and the set was very basic with a curtain. 

I don't think they had to put much into the show, people were buying anyway and the product was so hot.

• 11 months later...
  • Paid Members

TBH since you brought it up, I was way more interested to find out more about the alternative WWA show.

Wow....

1 Shark Boy defeated Frankie Kazarian Singles match 10:03
2 Konnan defeated Nate Webb Singles match 00:03
3 Buff Bagwell and Johnny Swinger defeated Norman Smiley and Malice Tag team match 10:00
4 Teo defeated Puppet Hardcore match with Midajah as the special guest referee 03:20
5 Mike Sanders defeated Joe E. Legend Singles match 09:12
6 Jeff Jarrett (c) defeated Nathan Jones Singles match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship 05:42
7 Sabu defeated Simon Diamond and Perry Saturn (with Midajah) Triple Threat match 16:20
8 Lex Luger defeated Sting

I can only admire Lex Luger for having the audacity to insist on being paid after the amount of stalling in the main event!

But while I bet this show would have been the ultimate shits in 2002, I'd do anything to go and watch something like this now.

I was there, second back row right at the top of the hall. 

No tron, was just a curtain, though recollect there was pyro when Brock Lesnar jumped onto the ring.

Scott Hall announced the wind doesn't blow in Glasgow....it sucks.

William Regal got lot's of Regal Sucks chants, but he got on mic to say he couldn't possibly suck as he wasn't Scottish.

Austin vs Big Show match is identical to the Insurrextion match later that week.

Lots of chants for man sweeping the ring in between bouts.

Bought a program and thought it was weird that WWF was blurred out on Silver Vision adverts, week or two later company was WWE.

Debra was brought out at very start as a special ring announcer, my mate leapt off his chair and applauded.

Edited by Mitch