Jump to content

DDP Yoga


Winston
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Winston said:

Just wondering if anyones tried it?

Seen all the videos on it's results and just wondering if anyone here recommends it and if it's viable to do it in your living room.

Yeah, you can do it anywhere really. Just buy yourself a mat from somewhere like Sports Direct and you're good to go. My advice would be to follow the timetable given to you with the DVD's for a month or two and you'll see some results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

I did it a few years ago when I had significant back problems - a couple of bulging discs. As you may have read, it works wonders on the old back if you are dedicated.

I didn't bother following any of the timetables or diet programmes (the diet stuff is mostly just common sense). Rather pushed myself to see what workouts I could manage. DDP always boasts about having adjustment positions, if you're struggling. Of course, depends what shape you're in, but I found the very early workouts a bit too light to feel like I'd achieved anything - they're decent for a quick stretch in the morning.

Yoga is tremendous fun and your body always feels better for it.

Edited by ColinBollocks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're the type of guy that goes down the gym 4 or 5 times a week then it isn't going to drastically improve your physical fitness or anything. However, if you're not all that active or sporty and you're looking to get into something then DDPY is perfect. I'm the type that used to do next to no excercise (since I got married and had kids at least) but since starting DDPY about a year ago it's worked wonders for me. It isn't a miracle cure but if you stick with it and eat right(ish) then you'll reap the benefits.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

I did it a few years ago when I had significant back problems - a couple of bulging discs. As you may have read, it works wonders on the old back if you are dedicated.

I didn't bother following any of the timetables or diet programmes (the diet stuff is mostly just common sense). Rather pushed myself to see what workouts I could manage. DDP always boasts about having adjustment positions, if you're struggling. Of course, depends what shape you're in, but I found the very early workouts a bit too light to feel like I'd achieved anything - they're decent for a quick stretch in the morning.

Yoga is tremendous fun and your body always feels better for it.

Not DDP, but I've had a similar experience with "yo mammas" yoga.

I had a totally fucked up back into my late 30s - combination of years of carrying equipment when gigging, plus a serious snowboarding accident in my 20s.  Taking painkillers every day pretty much, unable to sit on a bench or on a train for any length of time.  Having been through all manner of doctors, I was told I'd just have to manage the pain for the rest of my life.  The specialist gave me tramadol for fuck's sake.

So I thought I'd give yoga a try even though I already did a ton of exercise including swimming.  Totally changed my life.  I do vinyasa flow yoga, which is a proper workout as it's a continuous flow of movement for about an hour most classes.  After 6 months of two classes a week, I was free from pain killers and able to touch my toes for the first time in years.

I'm now the fittest and healthiest I've ever been, in my 40s, and it's mainly down to yoga sorting my back out and making me flexible and strong through the core.   I don't care that it's just me and about 10 middle aged women on a Thursday morning. 

So yeah, if you are struggling with back pain or any mobility problem like that I'd definitely recommend yoga.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

I did DDP Yoga a few years ago, got right into it,eating plan, sticking with the schedule.I lost about 7 stone in around a year, but other stuff got the better of me and I ended up in hospital following a TIA, although I attribute that to how hard a time I was having with stuff at work.

I was in phenomenal shape. Core strength, improved flexibility, feeling great, heck I was even starting to get something resembling a little muscle definition. If I had the space in the flat I live in now I'd start again from the beginning. It's well worth giving it a go although as mentioned above any yoga will yield results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members

I'd definitely recommend it.  It worked wonders for my back and mobility.  I used the app for a while too, it's easy to use and can tailor a plan for you to follow if that's something you'd like to do.  I've not tried the DVDs, but I've heard they're pretty awesome.  Go for it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some awesome stories guys.

I'm in reasonable shape just struggle with my back. Just want to get into yoga for all it's health benefits. I know that really strengthening the core will have a massive positive effect and the yoga also might help mentally clearing the mind.

Will give it a bash!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Winston said:

Some awesome stories guys.

I'm in reasonable shape just struggle with my back. Just want to get into yoga for all it's health benefits. I know that really strengthening the core will have a massive positive effect and the yoga also might help mentally clearing the mind.

Will give it a bash!

DDP' Yoga doesn't really do the "spiritual stuff", it's more about getting into the positions and feeling the physical benefits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Paid Members
1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

DDP' Yoga doesn't really do the "spiritual stuff", it's more about getting into the positions and feeling the physical benefits.

Whilst I agree with that, the breathing techniques and general stretching honestly gave me a little mental lift and boost, despite there not being much of the traditional yoga stuff. 

I've tried to incorporate the breathing techniques and also things like 4/7/8 breathing in day to day life and its really helped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...