What would have been.....Ultimate Warrior

Armitage Shanks

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Then I would have brought him into Raw as a manager or authority figure and turned him heel. He could espouse his shoot right wing Trumpian view points mixed in with some tradition heelish behaviour and I think he would have attracted big heat from a modern audience.

WWE would not present a pro-Trump person as a heel.

4 hours ago, IronSheik said:

Then I'd bring back Jim Cornette as a manager and pair him with an up and coming babyface and have Jim spout off his politically left learning, athiest schtick. Culminating in a massive Mania main event after 2 years.

Cornette managing in the Mania main event in the 2010s? Really?

Also, WWE would not present an atheist character as a babyface.

46 minutes ago, air_raid said:

WWE would not present a pro-Trump person as a heel.

Cornette managing in the Mania main event in the 2010s? Really?

Also, WWE would not present an atheist character as a babyface.

Yeah, true on Trump.

Yeah why not, America is so polarised I reckon this could catch fire if it was real and believable and Hellwig and Cornette would both pretty much just have to be themselves.

Yeah, also very true re: athiest babyface.Ā Ā 

4 hours ago, theringmaster said:

think by now him and WWE would have fallen out again and he would be ranting about them on Twitter and Tony Khan would be debating what whether or not to make a play for him for a one off appearance.

Heā€™d be blaming Khan for the September 11 attacks.Ā 

• Paid Members

Politics, race and religion are things that really should be left out of wrestling. It's just uncomfortable viewing and must be incredibly awkward for the crowd in attendance. Imagine being gay, listening to a heel make homophobic remarks and the people around you cheer? Fuck that.

I'd imagine it'd cause a lot of problems with advertisers, networks etc, as well. That kind of cheap heat doesn't go on the heel anymore, and hasn't for at least a decade, it goes on the companies that are making money from it.Ā 

22 hours ago, Vamp said:

Am I the only one who would have pretty much booked him as they did? Not saying it wasn't shit, but they popped a big rating for his first TV appearance and they gave Hogan his win back (which is what it was all about anyway). Then he fucked off.

What else are you going to do with him? He's not putting anyone over, you can't trust him on the stick and he was exposed in the Hogan match anyway.Ā 

A feud with Sting is fun fantasy booking but in real life you're just spending more time dealing with a maniac.

Aye. I'd agree with this. If anything else that debut promo, where he ignored instructions and went massively over time, must've made it clear that it wasn't going to be a long-term thing. You can't really build anything around a guy who is just going to do what the fuck he likes anyway.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Heā€™d be blaming Khan for the September 11 attacks.Ā 

And he'd do it on his podcast where he'd take for-fucking-ever to get it to it before 20 minutes of 'destrucity' and homophobic slurs.Ā 

It fun booking a post not dead nutter.Ā