It’s a body business brother

Joe Blog

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, returner82 said:

I was using Rude as a contrast point. Scrub the names, at his peak I thought he had a very good body. At the end, I thought he had a poorer body.

Yeah, that's fair. He did get quite flabby towards the end.

29 minutes ago, Richard said:

I read that Edge completely sacked off the gym (and all the juice he was on) in mid-2006. It took getting heckled by a nob head fan at ringside about his pigeon chest to get his arse back in gear. It was around the time he was getting the biggest push of his life as well. Strange timing.

The thing I always had a problem with was his insistence on dropping the Edgecutioner, which is a great finish, and using the Spear/Running Hug Of Doom when he just didn't look like he had the kind of physique to make it hurt. It looked great with Rhyno because he was a barrel-chested beast on thick, powerful legs, and it worked with Goldberg because he was a walking slab of muscle, but Edge? I'd have got it if he'd used a big boot, as he was quite tall and had long legs, but a Spear? Nah.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Remember when Kane was like unbelievably over when he returned in 2002. People were popping like mad for him. Then Katie Vick happened ...

People talk about Kane talking the mask and all that, but he had to after all that. He had that dead arse tag team with RVD afterwards and that only made the pre-show of Mania. Unmasking sort of saved his arse after that dreadful angle.

• Paid Members

In terms of original Kane outfit I always liked when he wore black-with-red instead of red-with-black.

Always had an air of "special occasion" when he wore that. Was wearing it when he put away X-Pac in the cage match at Armageddon, perhaps his finest hour (though sadly not the feud-ender) and he wore it for the Greatest Raw Comeback Ever even though he'd only been gone about two weeks and his next PPV was a loss to X-Pac with a crap finish involving the stairs.

Here's to Kane's away kit.

09c04aa45509f4db5d3a90159baae22e.jpg

My heart is fit to bursting with all this Kane talk. He really was a missed opportunity was our Kane, well to some degree anyway. He has always been a featured talent. I think half the trouble witb the mask coming off was everyone realised he was just bald old Issac Yankem. 

Unmaked unibomb kane with his curly blonde locks looked good as well. Bald Kane ruined Kane for me. 

Looking back now Kane really was one of those gimmicks that would benefit from a few months off at a time. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I think half the trouble witb the mask coming off was everyone realised he was just bald old Issac Yankem.

I don't think it was that, everyone I talked with about wrestling who had been watching in 95 knew he'd been the dentist by the time of the unmasking. It's not so much the mystique but the aesthetic ; by the time he switches to the vest top style we already accept he's not as burned up or scarred as the original story wanted us to believe, but Kane with the mask had presence that the unmasked man, no matter how psychotic his storylines, just didn't.

Plus the timing and nature of the unmasking match for a throwaway Raw main event was poor as it was another entry for the "Oh, fuck off Hunter" file.

• Paid Members

@air_raidwhat I liked about the reverse coloured Kane is that, it was basically action figures and video games alternative wear for him long before he wore it. Developers would always be stuck on it, and just go "fuck it, reverse the colours, its not like Kane wears anything else." Then he actually turned up wearing his WWF Warzone gear one PPV.

Also a Kane outfit discussion is never complete without talking about everyones dream kit. The green DX outfit, that everyone wanted but sadly never got.

2075250-greenkane.jpeg

Good point. 

Fanstasy booking I would have scrapped the Katie Vick storyline (as would we all). And going into 2002 onward would have put Kane on a reduced schedule. 

He would have been my Judge, Jury and Executioner. Rarely works throw away matches but always on hand to arrive to a monster pop and chokeslam anyone caught wrong doing. Hell he could even have his own agenda, a complete chaotic force of nature who will punish both faces and heels. 

Every now and then he could do an extended run where he feuds with anyone abusing their power or position. Almost a being that brings balance and order to the wwe. 

I have explained that badly I know.  

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Rarely works throw away matches 

But wears black-with-red so you know it's an away match.

Oh, wait...

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Love Kane. Always have done. 

I know we're talking physique but the welder mask was fantastic:

I really thought we were on for a Kane renaissance (Kanaissance?) that first night back. Scary new mask to add a layer of menace to his vintage face (err, the mask), music retooled to be back to the original melody and not the boring one he'd had for a few years, and the way he went RIGHT FOR CENA made me think he was going to get one last push but it wasn't to be.

One thing of note, while I was never a huge fan, I was pleased for him when he had his 2010 run with the Big Gold Belt, it kind of made up for having an insulting 24 hours with the WWF title back in the day. It's funny to think, for those of us (myself included) that talk about how they've left it too long to give Rollins or Balor another run at the top, if they'd had a character over the last couple of years with the presence and aura of 98 Kane, he'd have been champion 5 or 6 times by now.

50 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

@air_raidwhat I liked about the reverse coloured Kane is that, it was basically action figures and video games alternative wear for him long before he wore it. Developers would always be stuck on it, and just go "fuck it, reverse the colours, its not like Kane wears anything else." Then he actually turned up wearing his WWF Warzone gear one PPV.

Also a Kane outfit discussion is never complete without talking about everyones dream kit. The green DX outfit, that everyone wanted but sadly never got.

2075250-greenkane.jpeg

Isn't there an alternate colour outfit in one of the games where it's a lighter black spandex against the darker black "leather"?

• Paid Members

Best Kane moment was early 2000 when he returns after a few weeks off on Raw.

Massive ten men tag main event pitting HHH, X-Pac and three of the Radicalz against The Rock, Cactus Jack, Rikishi and Too Cool. Think the heels win and then the New Age Outlaws come out and start battering the babyfaces with a lead pipe. 

Lights go out. Cut to the ramp. Paul Bearer, red blazer and all. Kane in the previously mentioned awesome away strip. Gets in the ring and cleans out all of the heels by his fucking self and looks cool as fuck while doing it. WWE hasn’t closed a show like that in years. 

Archived