NeverYield Posted January 24, 2025 Posted January 24, 2025 Looking forward to the Mick Terrill bout. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 24, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 24, 2025 I know Terrill has a lot of bare knuckle experience, but genuinely suprised to see Rothwell a 2/1 underdog. I had to get on that. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 25, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 25, 2025 This might be my new favorite weigh-in exchange... Quote
NeverYield Posted January 26, 2025 Posted January 26, 2025 Mick Terrill got weighed in with a peach of a shot. Hands as low as he had it is inviting grief. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2025 I caught the last 5 or 6 fights of this and found it highly entertaining. Gutted to see Jeremy Stephens beat Eddie Alvarez though. That was always gonna be a bit of a heel vs babyface thing for me and the heel won this time. Bollocks. Eddie was doing well early, had him winning the first two rounds and it seemed like he was well on track to a victory and sending the Philly fans home happy. Then it all went to shit in the third round and that was that. It’s one thing about BKFC, the short 2 minute rounds really force the action and there’s a heightened sense of urgency to do damage and make it count. And also, once the tide turns and the momentum shifts, it’s hard to swing it back. Everything was looking good for Eddie right up to the point Stephens dropped him the first time early in the third, he was never quite the same after that. Stephens has always had fight changing power and you could just see once Eddie hit the deck the second time, it was over. Whether the corner stopped it or not, it was just a matter of time. The corner did the right thing pulling him out. I don’t think he’d have recovered enough to survive a 4th round. Good fight, shame about the result. Especially Eddie losing in his backyard like this. ? Ah, fuck off. Now we’re gonna have weeks of divs banging on about a McGregor vs Stephens fight in BKFC. Like the Logan Paul boxing match, it’s just another McGregor fight that’s never gonna happen. It can’t happen unless the UFC agree to it and why would they? Sick to bastard death of the rapey, coked up, heart attack waiting to happen. Part of the reason I’ll never fully embrace BKFC is shit like this. You just know that every card now is gonna end like this, with McGregor jumping in the ring to steal the limelight from the winner. He can’t help himself. None of these fights are gonna happen and he knows it, it’s all just a load of shite to get attention and get people talking about him for any reason other than him being a fucking sex pest. Ben Rothwell has found his calling. Hadn’t seen @Egg Shen’s post in here on the betting odds but Rothwell being a 2/1 underdog was weird. I know it’s benefit of hindsight stuff now but even though he never had as much Bare Knuckle experience as Terrill, the sheer amount of pro fights he’s had in MMA and with his size, durability and power you’d think people wouldn’t be sleeping on him. Brutal shot. Rothwell looks a monster in BK. At 43 years old, it’s nice to see him finding success after MMA and hopefully picking up some decent money at this stage in his fighting career. Looks in better shape these days as well. There was another really nasty KO on the undercard. Look at this from Kaine Tomlinson Jr… Scary stuff. Sullivan was down for ages as well. I’ve never fully followed Bare Knuckle and I probably still won’t now, I’ll dip in and out, but I enjoyed what I saw of this, to be fair. Looked professional (when the rapist wasn’t on screen) and the action was mostly good. Quote
Dai Posted January 27, 2025 Posted January 27, 2025 Thought this was a fantastic card. Probably be up there for the Best Card of the Year come the end of the year. If you have the time, Wand, you should go back and watch all the fights on this one. The early ones were all fantastic too (particularly the very first fight), and some stonking KOs, even better than the ones youve gif'd up. Like you Wand, this isnt something Ill watch constantly, but for the novelty of watching it every now and then, Ill certainly keep watching the big shows, as this was tremendous stuff. Solid production, decent commentators, and just pure brutality, with the short rounds providing super intense exchanges constantly. Pure violence, but theye really found their feet in terms of the technical side of the fights too, so it doesnt just seem like bar fights any more. Some of the sounds you hear when punches land to the face are disgusting, but in a good way. And there was also a fighter early on who had an insane amount of damage on his face after just 3 minutes of fighting, which just goes to show how brutal it is. So glad the Eddie fight was stopped when it was, as there was clearly a "lights are on but no ones home" situatation with him at the end of the round. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 28, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 28, 2025 I've been on and off with BKFC the last couple of years, but after that i'm fully in. What a show. Legit 4-5 KO of the year contenders on one night, violence from start till finish. What an absolute bat crazy sport. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 31, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 LET ME BANG BRO!! I'm still buzzing from Knucklemania so am gonna watch this weeks event too, this thing is full of sloppy ol UFC vets. Brennan Ward is in the co-main event. He seems a guy built for BKFC, looking forward to that. Quote
Shane O' Mac Version 2 Posted February 6, 2025 Posted February 6, 2025 Assuming this'll be broadcast so I'll chuck it in here: Hoping the use of the Sydney Opera House means the event will actually be in Sydney, rather than when WWE made the trip to Australia, and decided to use the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge in promotional material, even though they were going to Perth. The other side of the country, about a 5 hour flight. Anyway, I've only seen a few highlights from big events, but if this is decently priced, I'll go. UFC have priced the average citizen out of their shows, and I guess BKFC is the next best thing. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 5, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 5, 2025 About as random as it gets. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2025 Does Oleynik know you can’t do Ezekiel chokes in Bare Knuckle? Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 5, 2025 I know he wants to be the most watchable Oleynik at some point, but it's never going to happen. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 21, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 didn't know where to put this, but given the Mike Perry association thought it could live here. First proper Dirty Boxing show is tomorrow, it's free on youtube. The card is a complete random mishmash of characters. I'll probably watch the main card, I expect it all to be pretty brief and violent. The ruleset i'm not entirely sure on, but I think it's basically boxing in MMA gloves, and ground and pound is allowed if there's a knockdown? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 Looked quick and genuinely thought that was Jacare fighting Yoel for a second ? Doubt I’ll watch any of it but I hope Yoel and Arlovski both win. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 21, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 21, 2025 (edited) here's the youtube link to the event: Edited March 23, 2025 by Egg Shen Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.