Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

A short story…

IMG-6678.jpg

IMG-6547.jpg

IMG-6548.jpg

It’s actually crazy when you think about it. Here’s a guy who’s 47 years old. Who went from the top of the world as UFC champ in the mid 2000s and then plummeted into a horrific slump to the point people were saying he should retire as far back as 15 plus years ago. Openly talked about being suicidal at points in his career and playing Russian Roulette for real after the Brett Rogers loss. Rejigged his style and had an unlikely return to the UFC, where his second run there miraculously lasted a fucking decade. We find out he beat cancer three times! And now here he is, pushing 50 and he’s just won a title in Bare Knuckle. There are a bunch of fighters on the UFC roster today who weren’t even born when Arlovski made his MMA debut in 1999. Fuck, current Flyweight champ Joshua Van wasn’t born until late 2001, Arlovski made his UFC debut almost a year before that. Insane life big Andrei’s had. Hopefully he stops soon but what a mad career. 

Edited by wandshogun09
Posted

Yeah I've always liked Arlovski, and admired his spirit, but he went up massively in my estimations when I learned he beat that awful disease 3 times, never even knew he had it once!

I watched some of Knucklemania last night, but ultimately fell asleep, Lex Ludlows fight was the last one I watched. 

Posted

I quite enjoyed that. I catch a bit of bare knuckle when I'm familiar with some of the names, but don't watch every event like I do with the UFC. 

This week though I watched Knucklemania over the UFC card, and I thought it was a really decent watch overall. A real mix of sloppy but exciting street fighting, one or two boring clinch battles, some decent technical boxing, and a brutal heavyweight main event. It was a long event to get through, but worth a watch. 

I think where they're missing a trick is a bit of build up/video package before the fights, specifically the ones lower down the card. This is where UFC are really good, just a 2 minute intro makes a difference. It seemed to be just straight into one fight after the other a lot of the time. 

Even the OnlyFans fight surprised me. I made an assumption that they'd be terrible, but I thought they put on a decent scrap between them. 

Good crowd, the event looked pretty big time. If they keep putting shows like this on YouTube I'll keep watching! 

  • Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Wee heads up. Thought there may be a couple interested in this, but former Author of Pain bloke Rezar fights on this Saturday's BKFC Newcastle show.

BKFC_FN_Newcastle_1920x1080.jpeg?1773064

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Romero lost, Vagabov looks like a monster, scary looking fella.

Not sure what Vagabov is complaing about in the clip? A open hand slap? 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA this Friday, barely anything online about this I can find but by all accounts it is happening. Likely on youtube. First round of Heavyweight and Lightweight tournaments, a complete mish mash of veterans and guys who are not signed to one of the bigger companies.

Anthony Smith's comeback in the main event. 

I'll post the full card later in the week, cause I expect the listed card on tapology to change a wee bit before Friday.

SnapInsta.to_645923531_18105022741889877

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Had no idea Anthony Smith was doing BK. Christ. His retirement from fighting didn’t last long did it? He looked like he couldn’t be arsed at the end of his UFC run, can’t see this ending well for him. Bare Knuckle is nothing to play around with if you’re not 100% committed. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm pretty sure the bare knuckle announcement came very quickly after his last UFC fight as well

  • Paid Members
Posted

The event happened. Saw litereally fuck all about it all week, but it happened. Here's the Youtube link:

...the state of that AI graphic.

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This is either gonna be the weirdest craziest fight ever or the weirdest most frustrating fight ever. Either way I’ll be tuning in. 

IMG-8318.jpg

Posted

I think these days its almost a certainty that it will be a load of shite, but there's always that slither of hope that it could be crazy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...