Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 27 Author Paid Members Posted June 27 Don't age him Dai, he's 42 😄 I kind of get this. The event is in his hometown at the legendary Fenway Park. Probably getting a decent bag, I can see the appeal. Quote
Dai Posted June 27 Posted June 27 Haha oh yes, early 40s for another year for him! Yeah, if hes getting a nice chunk of change that you would have to work years in the regular world for, then he may as well go for it. Random side note, but after reading this, has BK stolen a lot of the business of the local MMA companies? In years gone past, a washed up Joe Louzan would have worked his way down the MMA event circuit, and would have had to have fought in dingy local arenas on his downfall. You can look back at a Dan Severns record and see all these shifty places he fought. Similar to a footballer going down the leagues. You never really hear of that any more. Random thought, but nevermind! Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 28 Author Paid Members Posted June 28 Yeah, there's truth to that. There are cases where MMA fighters who were once towards the top of the game end up fighting on the local scenes and almost become journeymen but it's not that common. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 21 Paid Members Posted September 21 This mess is this week… And I can’t deny I’m gonna be watching. Brother’s got DAZN so I’ll be going round his, he’ll be paying for it and I’ll get the chippy teas in. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 21 Author Paid Members Posted September 21 Good man @wandshogun09, yeah looks a good one! Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 22 Author Paid Members Posted September 22 Hope your Brother-in-law has DAZN Ultimate @wandshogun09? They've stuck the fucker on PPV. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 22 Paid Members Posted September 22 (edited) The cheeky bastards. I’ll have to message him. It’s my brother not my brother-in-law. Bro-in-law (sister’s fella) would have to pay me just to sit with him. He’s about as fun to be around as a five round MVP fight. Edited September 22 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 23 Author Paid Members Posted September 23 Here's the full slate. Not familiar with a lot of these but Mundell/Cullen is a good co-main event. It's all about Till/Romero though innit. I got Till by decision. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted Saturday at 11:19 AM Author Paid Members Posted Saturday at 11:19 AM Sounds like Till/Romero have sold 18k tickets for tonight which is pretty insane. BKFC is smashing it. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted Saturday at 11:41 AM Paid Members Posted Saturday at 11:41 AM My brother does have DAZN Ultimate so I’m in. Must have money to burn that lad. Quote
Dai Posted Sunday at 09:47 PM Posted Sunday at 09:47 PM Well, to the suprise of nobody, it was absolute dogshit. 5 years back Romero was dogshit, but there would be a handful of aggressive moments, so there was always an element of danger in his fights. Tactically, he has now removed these blitz, so all you have is nothing. Its such a Romero thing though, that he threw practically nothing, didn't really look like he connected on the one time in the entire fight he tried, but still busted open Till pretty bad from just that tiny exchange and glancing punch. Amazingly frustrating, but dont blame him at all really. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted yesterday at 04:03 PM Posted yesterday at 04:03 PM (edited) I watched the main event of this on Saturday and it was fucking shite, even by Romero standards. Despite winning, Till looked terrified throughout. I also watched the Johnny Fisher Zuffa fight which was pretty crap as well. Not a great night, but at least I was drunk. Edited yesterday at 04:11 PM by Cousin Jim Bob Bosh Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.