Talk me out of buying this stupid thing

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Might be slightly off the point of the thread, but we joined Boomerang last week to save money buying games but then we went and bought Rick and Morty for PSVR in the sale anyway and turns out it just got a patch that introduced a universally game-breaking bug so we can't even play it. Could have done with someone talking me out of that.

• Paid Members

I could have done with someone talking me out of spending a grand on a Pixelbook last week. In fairness, it's a cracking little laptop but I will forever feel guilty for spending that much on myself.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I could have done with someone talking me out of spending a grand on a Pixelbook last week. In fairness, it's a cracking little laptop but I will forever feel guilty for spending that much on myself.

It all hinges on what you were saving the money for, really. We often beat ourselves up for certain buys, but then we should ask ourselves: "How many more pointless/frivolous things could we have bought other than this?" If the answer is "loads", then chances are you've made a good purchase.

• Paid Members

Well, it was money that I'd won betting. I normally use it to buy trainers but I thought I'd treat myself to something else for a change.

I've basically become my dad in that when anyone asks me what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I never know. Not because I'm being difficult but because I can't think of anything I want or need beyond trainers. I couldn't think of anything else to buy aside from that, even though it's certainly not worth a grand.

Like I say though, cracking little machine, especially if you're very Google-based with your internet and work and you don't download much.

• Paid Members

If you take a shit straddling the toilet backwards, you could theoretically sit down, shit, wipe underarm style, wash, flush and repeat ad infinitum.  Get a telly in there and you will never need to move.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I feel like I have the dad illness, I blame the cats. When asked what I want for Christmas (and Birthday, which is Christmas Eve, so it's all the same), I'm fighting the urge to say "Tool belt! Circular saw! Angle grinder!". We live in a sub 500 sq ft apartment.

I actually asked for socks last year. I let my socks get holes in just so I had something to ask for.

• Paid Members

I've been fending the wife off from buying me new underwear and socks till christmas — tucking the holes between my toes to hide them, quickly throwing the underwear with holes in in the laundry when I get home. Better things to do than spend the 3 and 6 we have spare each month on, I'll keep hanging on till christmas with my cods and slice hanging out my knackered pants and my toes sticking out.

• Paid Members

FYI, we opted out of the shit bog sink and paid nearly the same amount for the replacement sink topper, like pair of fucking chumps. Could have been washing my chapped dong in near pristine backwash this time last week, watching Boon on the kindle propped up on the windowsill. Still could, just need to get a cheap bowl.

Archived