UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I dont wanna keep banging on, but althought Johnson injured a leg was there the slightest hint during the show that he had? Not one, other than Mighty Mouse fighting a little more conventionally (which was something i did think on the night) was there any sign of him favouring it? Cejudo had no idea he was fighting a guy with bad peg, you have credit Johnson for hiding it so well because if he had let on Cejudo probably would have attacked it and gone after Johnson sooner in the rounds than he did. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's worth mentioning (seeing as a lot of people are jumping on the "HE WIS INJURED!" narrative) that Cejudo's leg is equally as goosed. Obviously, we saw how buggered he was in the first - although let's ignore that, eh?, but Cejudo told Helwani last night that his leg/shin is knackered and he's away to get all manner of Star Trek space scans on his leg to see what the damage is.

Both of them are buggered, but I guess it's that Olympic-level Immigrant Mentality that won in the end.

11 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

@David I think you're being harsh. Again, out of all the dick heads in MMA, Cejudo seems like a decent person. Genuinely decent too, none of that Jon Jones "I love that God" because it'll get me Nike bollocks.

I never said he was a dickhead, I said he seems to have something of a messiah complex, which is blatantly clear when you read some of the stuff he says.

I mean, look at Johnson's upbringing and family life as a kid. Fucking terrible, but he's not banging on about how his story "touches" people and helps keep them out of jail and suchlike, is he?

You know why he isn't doing that? He doesn't have a messiah complex, thinking he's some sort of beacon of hope for the great unwashed.

11 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

David’s just salty because DJ couldn’t do what a champion, like Conor, does when they blow a ligament in their knee and just win the damn fight.

If DJ had half the fighting spirit of someone like Conor, he’d probably be more well known.

...This is fun 👀 

I appreciate your effort, but you're like the Jeremy Stephens of this debate. Just watch from the sidelines and enjoy it all 😉

10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

I dont wanna keep banging on, but althought Johnson injured a leg was there the slightest hint during the show that he had? Not one, other than Mighty Mouse fighting a little more conventionally (which was something i did think on the night) was there any sign of him favouring it? Cejudo had no idea he was fighting a guy with bad peg, you have credit Johnson for hiding it so well because if he had let on Cejudo probably would have attacked it and gone after Johnson sooner in the rounds than he did. 

I don't think it would have made much difference really. Cejudo had a gameplan and I doubt he'd have been stupid enough to deviate from it. 

8 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's worth mentioning (seeing as a lot of people are jumping on the "HE WIS INJURED!" narrative) that Cejudo's leg is equally as goosed. Obviously, we saw how buggered he was in the first - although let's ignore that, eh?, but Cejudo told Helwani last night that his leg/shin is knackered and he's away to get all manner of Star Trek space scans on his leg to see what the damage is.

Both of them are buggered, but I guess it's that Olympic-level Immigrant Mentality that won in the end.

Cejudo's leg is "equally as goosed?"

Well, that throws a spanner in future plans for him and TJ, surely? I mean, rumour is that DJ could need surgery on his leg and then faces around 3 months recovery before he can start training again.

Is TJ gonna sit on the shelf for six months waiting on Cejudo recovering? What actually happened to his ankle, anyway?

• Paid Members

Cejudo said it was some sort of pre-existing injury that flared up early in the fight. It was very strange whatever it was, i thought the fight was over before it had begun.

We dont know what happens next yet? Just waiting on the dust to settle i suppose. The whole point of my argument was that Cejudo won, grabbed the bull by the horns and called his own shot, if they force him into a DJ rematch, im perfectly fine with that, i just loved Cejudo making noise and attempting to forge his own path. DJ is the ultimate bore when it comes to that stuff, it was nice to see someone shake it up abit. As a fan, thats what i want to see, you need shit you can get invested in and excited about.

2 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

We'll see soon enough, David. He's getting a scan in the coming days to see the damage. I expect Cejudo to push through it, though, like he heroically did in that fight.

I guess we'll see then, but I wouldn't want to see TJ sit out for too long, he's put the Cody feud to bed and it's time for him to move on and stay active.

• Paid Members

I want to see TJ vs Marlon Moraes. I'd pick TJ to win but it's a hell of a fight if you think of how their styles match up. 

It's a weird division at the moment. Cody Garbrandt is 0-2 to the champ and out of the picture for the time being. Dominick Cruz is great but he hasn't fought since he lost to Cody nearly two years ago. You've got Henry Cejudo wanting in on the title shot but, depending on his injury that might not be an option right now. Then you've got the two actual most deserving contenders at 135 - Marlon Moraes and Raphael Assuncao. Moraes would probably make for the more exciting fight with TJ, and he's coming off two big, quick knockouts over Jimmie Rivera and Aljamain Sterling. But Assuncao beat Moraes fairly recently, is on a 4 fight streak and is 1-1 with TJ himself. 

Who gets the shot?

Personally I'd definitely go with either Moraes or Assuncao. Give Cruz whichever one of those two doesn't get the shot. Then I'd do Cody vs John Lineker (providing Cody is staying at 135) and Cejudo vs DJ 3 whenever both guys are healthy. 

Add me to the list of those who'd like Moraes/Dillashaw. Cejudo/Dillashaw does absolutely nothing for me. Not a sausage.  I can't be arsed with this recent "superfight" business. I got Conor going up to fight Alvarez. Cormier going up against Stipe I could go for. But Cejudo/TJ? Fucking hell, Henry. You've been the champion of your division for about 5 minutes, and you're already talking about moving up in weight? I think I'm just bored of this modern narrative. It's not about becoming champion to prove you're the best, or to earn money, or to establish your superiority, it's simply to hold a bargaining chip in these "superfight" negotiations. I'm well and truly over it now, it's completely lost any allure or appeal the concept may have held prior.

• Paid Members

I'd like Cejudo to at least defend the belt once or twice - be a "proper" champion. It was annoying enough McGregor didn't do that.

• Paid Members

Well, what do you know? Look who's trying to switch teams all of a sudden. 

I'm wrong on a lot of shit but I knew all along I was right to dislike Justin Buchholz. 

Remember this twat on the Cody vs TJ season of TUF? Constantly crying about TJ being "a snake" and "leaving Team Alpha Male for dead" and all that silly carry on. TJ goes 2-0 over Cody and all of a sudden it's "TJ was always cool" and Buchholz's behaviour on TUF was just him "trying to be a reality star". Didn't seem like that at the time. If it was all for TV then he played the part of bitter, jilted lover on TUF very fucking convincingly. It was just non-stop bellyaching and ripping into both TJ and Duane Ludwig at every opportunity. Now he's no longer at Alpha Male suddenly it's all Faber's fault and this helmet is now taking credit for all Cody's success pre-TJ.

If what he says about TAM having 7 head coaches is true then I can agree that sounds like a right clusterfuck. But it's very convenient how this berk's tune has changed now TJ has KO'd his boy twice. 

Archived