UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

What's your beef with Cejudo? He seems like a really decent person.

He has an overinflated sense of self-worth. That's my primary issue with him. Shit like this;

There was a gentleman in prison who wrote to me and I could tell I’d touched him. He said, ‘I wish I’d read this book one year prior; I wouldn’t be doing 12-to-15 years in prison for attempted murder,'” Cejudo says. “You never know who you can touch. I never do it for attention or the cameras – I do it because I care."

He's like a midget, bobble-headed version of Tony Robbins.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Cejudo finds it hard to cut to flyweight, so it makes sense that he'd move up. DJ is still relatively small even in his current weight class, so why move up? There's not really going to be any extra money involved, certainly not enough to make it worth his while, so where's the attraction? Besides the bullshit legacy nonsense that no one gives a fuck about?

Your post should have read - 

Cejudo - Olympic Champion, Flyweight Champion, Bantameight Champion?

Johnson - Flyweight Champion, content family man, non-CTE sufferer, all-time great, and most importantly, someone who isn't defined by their job and what a bunch of people he doesn't even know think about him.

All valid points, but he's a high level sportsman, If you think legacy and reputation doesn't matter to these people deep down, you're fucking nuts... And if you can't see the value in taking challenges and moving up in combat sports i don't know what else to say, history speaks for itself. If Johnson was genuinely content being in the position he was he's very much in the minority.

11 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

All valid points, but he's a high level sportsman, If you think legacy and reputation doesn't matter to these people deep down, you're fucking nuts... And if you can't see the value in taking challenges and moving up in combat sports i don't know what else to say, history speaks for itself. If Johnson was genuinely content being in the position he was he's very much in the minority.

Do you not think that if Johnson was really interested in making the move up, he would have? I doubt the UFC would have told him that he couldn't, would they?

18 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Probably not. Johnson probably was content doing what he was doing and as i said above that definitely places him in the minority.

So, let me get this straight, just to make sure we're on the same page.

A dude who watches fights from his fucking couch while drinking beer and eating wotsits is telling us all that a guy who's one of the most successful UFC champions of all time, a master of his fucking craft, a guy who not only fought to the end of five rounds with a broken foot and a torn LCL but who only lost said fight via a razor thin split decision has no ambition? 

Sorry Ebb, but you're exactly the kind of fan that I'm talking about when I say that Johnson has fuck all to prove to plebs on social media. Seriously dude, you've been watching this game long enough to know the score. To claim that DJ's characteristics are "flyweight champion, playing Xbox" makes you sound like a total bellend of Sherdog forum levels.

The guy is a professional fucking athlete, not a performing monkey who lives to win the approval of couch dwellers like us. Us thinking that he's "on a mission" or what we think of his "legacy and reputation" means not a fucking jot to this guy. He's operating in a completely different airspace from people like us.

If there's anyone who's opinions he takes on board aside from his own team and family it's most likely his peers, and absolutely none of those guys have anything to say about him except that he's one of the greatest of all time.

Having put together an idea of what he's like from interviews and behind the scenes footage, I reckon the dude is happy to test himself against anyone. Providing he gets fucking paid.

You talk about Conor proving himself and wanting to establish a legacy? McGregor is another who gives not a flying fuck about legacy or what the plebs think of him. He made the moves he did because he wanted to get fucking paid.

We'll hear a lot about how he's coming back to win back a belt he never lost, to prove himself as the man again and that jazz between now and October.

Let Dana call him up and say "Listen Conor, since you're going to have a chance to establish yourself as a true great of the sport, a real legend, and win back your belt against Khabib, what we're gonna do is pay you $500,000 to show, and $500,000 to win."

You think McG's taking that fight still? Not a fucking chance. 

If the UFC offered him top dollar to fight me he'd take it. It's all about making money, and rightfully so.

• Paid Members

In all seriousness Dave, we know you are upset because you all but discredited Cejudo going in yet your boy lost, hence trying to save face by bringing up Johnsons leg injury in nearly every post since Saturday.

I stand by what i say though (i was clearly joking when i made the xbox comment by the way) and you cant tell me Johnsons entire (incredible as it was, i aint knocking it) reign was met by indifference and he never maximised his position as Champ.

I do take offence to being called a sherdogger though, how dare you.

21 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

In all seriousness Dave, we know you are upset because you all but discredited Cejudo going in yet your boy lost, hence trying to save face by bringing up Johnsons leg injury in nearly every post since Saturday.

I stand by what i say though (i was clearly joking when i made the xbox comment by the way) and you cant tell me Johnsons entire (incredible as it was, i aint knocking it) reign was met by indifference and he never maximised his position as Champ.

I do take offence to being called a sherdogger though, how dare you.

DJ ain't my boy, trust me (you not learn from the shit McG got from calling a black dude boy?), I was as indifferent to a lot of his fights as most fans were. 

And I stand by my prediction. If they announced a rematch between the two of them up next I'd pick DJ to win, because the chances of him ending up in that kind of shape physically again is very slim.

Cejudo managed to beat a guy with two bad injuries via split decision. Split decision, yet you'd think he was Rocky beating Apollo Creed the way he's banging on.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Another post, another reference of Johnsons injuries.

If we're discussing the fight, you have to discuss all of the relevant factors, Ebenezer.  Like it or not, the injuries played a part in Cejudo winning.

To be fair, before Cejudo beat DJ fairly, squarely and put a permanent question mark besides the idea of DJ as the GOAT (Hi, Dave, how are you today?!), DJ did actually prove he existed on a different plain to the rest of us.

When asked what he’d do if he beat Cejudo, and whether he’d be interested in moving up and challenging the winner of TJ and Cody, he said that he was much more interested in going around the world winning various flyweight titles: he said he’d like to do Rizin, Bellator and One FC, amongst others.

DJ isn’t interested in money and he isn’t interested in legacy: he’s a computer game nerd who wants to collect trophies like he’s playing a PS4 game.

I have no idea what to make of DJ anymore. But, as the kids say, he seems to be living his best life. Good for him.

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

DJ isn’t interested in money and he isn’t interested in legacy: he’s a computer game nerd who wants to collect trophies like he’s playing a PS4 game.

He's interested in money, that's why he does what he does. The future of his family is paramount, and he's said in the past that if the UFC paid him enough he'd go to any weight class and fight anyone.

David’s just salty because DJ couldn’t do what a champion, like Conor, does when they blow a ligament in their knee and just win the damn fight.

If DJ had half the fighting spirit of someone like Conor, he’d probably be more well known.

...This is fun 👀 

Archived