5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Saying "the last couple of shows were crap, let's start over" would be far worse than them just ploughing on regardless and trying to improve organically. And considering Zack's character was one who "pushed the envelope" and called out the promotion and its owners on their business practices, he's probably the easiest character in the world to write out.

If a promotion requires a reboot because one wrestler has left, they have far bigger problems to concern themselves with.

With the bad ratings and a few bad shows I think now would be a good time to start afresh and they are doing that by booking Matt riddle..etc I like and enjoy 5 🌟 they have some good talent and for the most part I look forward to watching after work on a Thursday I just want them to do well

11 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Start afresh? It’s been a couple of months! You can’t just start afresh because things haven’t perfectly aligned. Imagine Coronation Street or Hollyoaks rebooting every time a cast member leaves. Jesus Christ.

all im saying is with the bad ratings and a few bad shows a fresh coat of paint wouldn't go a miss and i want them to do well

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, kidzero said:

all im saying is with the bad ratings and a few bad shows a fresh coat of paint wouldn't go a miss and i want them to do well

And the next time ratings dip? “Oh, let’s just start over.”

You don’t really build up a fan base if you start giving them something to get invested in, only to pull it out from under them a couple of weeks down the line because things aren’t going your way. 

And this is why people were wary about their 'business model'.

Lots of folks were very quick to say "look at the contrast between smiling kids faces and complainers on Twitter/forums, they might not be to everyone's taste but they are hardly harming British Wrestling", but it was obvious to anyone looking on that a tiny channel TV deal and small crowds would not pay for massive arenas and big money talent and now, once again, hundreds of people's experience with British wrestling is cancelled shows and possibly lost money.

So how many shows was that? 4?

Tried running before they could crawl and should never have been anywhere near running arenas the size they were. Unless you're WWE, your just not going to draw that sort of crowd. I know Progress are running Wembly Arena (I've got tickets myself), but even they arn't not setting up to fill every seat that it holds and they've got an established loyal fanbase

Archived