General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

I really, really, really don't think it would be overselling it to say Arsenal were "absolutely stinking". Liverpool were good and the commentators touched on it but Liverpool seem to play in the image of Klopp, which is a good thing, but Arsenal seem to be going backwards.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsene Wenger is such a shit manager now. He's fucking lost it. I look at both those pools of players today and if you swapped managers you'd be looking at the same score for opposite teams. If you gave Klopp a midfield of Xhaka, Ramsey and AOC and a forward line of Ozil, Sanchez and Lacazette he'd storm the league.

4 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It's not even funny anymore. Arsenal are the Aston Villa of the top end of the table. They couldn't even FINALLY, FINALLY, BY GOD, FINALLY crash out the top four in an interesting manner last year. I don't think I can handle at least two more years of this.

Completely agree. It's actually beyond frustrating, perhaps primarily because so much of the media immediately gets taken up with the whole thing and cretins like the Arsenal Fan TV "banter brigade" continue to rise to prominence.

• Paid Members

I don't know what the fuck will happen this week, but a scenario similar to the final few days of the 2011 transfer window (following THAT 8-2 result) wouldn't surprise me.

Sanchez could still move, Ox probably will (I'll drive him to wherever he wants), quite a few fringe players will either be sold or panic loaned out (Gibbs, Lucas), Mustafi will likely complete his move to Inter and our squad will be considerably weaker than this time last year.

We need to go out and just throw ridiculous money around. We need better players, we need to replace seemingly outgoing players and we need a big lift at the club. We need more than that too - new manager and senior management structure - but there's more chance of Mbappe cancelling his move to PSG because he's 'anyways wanted to work with Wenger'. Oh, and we need to find Mesut Ozil a pair of bollocks.

We've put in a bid for Lemar from Monaco, supposedly in the region of 55 million or thereabouts. 

Can anyone who's seen him play offer a bit of insight? I've heard of him for sure, but haven't seen particularly much. Would rather us be chucking money at any decent defenders to be honest.

• Paid Members

This is hilarious. First they smash us 4-0, then Liverpool make a bid to sign a big transfer target of ours who Wenger claimed the other day wasn't possible to sign. If Liverpool sign Lemar, what an even bigger joke we'd look.

If Liverpool are trying to sign him then perhaps they've agreed to sell Coutinho. That'd be two £100m+ signings by Barca in the space of a week.

Liverpool have signed Naby Keita who will join next season. Sounds that Lemar might actually happen with Origi going the opposite way. Right about now its 50/50 but if there's any justice we'll sign him and make Coutinho earn his place before going next season.

• Paid Members

What do Arsenal/Chelsea fans think of that transfer? I think he's less likely to play for Chelsea than for Arsenal. From what I've seen of him I'm not sure who in their team he would put out of a starting spot. However I'm sure some of the Arsenal and Chelsea fans could offer some much better perspective on that. 

13 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

What do Arsenal/Chelsea fans think of that transfer? I think he's less likely to play for Chelsea than for Arsenal. From what I've seen of him I'm not sure who in their team he would put out of a starting spot. However I'm sure some of the Arsenal and Chelsea fans could offer some much better perspective on that. 

I haven't seen yesterday's game but for the most part he's been great at right wing back and I think that's probably his best position.  He apparently thinks otherwise and a big part of him leaving is because he wants to play centrally, well that and we're shite atm.  I can see him becoming a Milner-type player and covering every position for his entire career.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Right about now its 50/50

Oi, I made that joke weeks ago!!

37 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

What do Arsenal/Chelsea fans think of that transfer?

21 minutes ago, Twatters said:

I haven't seen yesterday's game but for the most part he's been great at right wing back and I think that's probably his best position. 

'Great' is extremely kind. He's been decent in that position but nothing to get too carried away about and I don't see him as an improvement on Moses tbh. He's been dreadful so far this season.You're right in that it's probably his best position, although he'd disagree.

He's not a good centre mid at all, doesn't have the end product to be an effective winger either. I've spent 7 years trying to work out where his best position is and what he actually brings to the table. The most frustrating thing about him is how often he gives the ball away, his retention is really poor.

I can't understand why Chelsea are interested at all. Drinkwater makes sense, as he's actually a solid player that does his job. Ox though, I don't know. I don't see him making an impact there. I don't think he'll be missed, although we surely need a replacement given how many games he played for us.

Archived