General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I reckon Gibbs to Watford is nailed on. Chambers to Palace too. Coq and Gabriel will stay for the Europa squad. Jenkinson to Swansea or Brighton maybe? Debuchy, who knows. He turned down a move to France because the money wasn't good enough so I could see him sitting out his contract in the reserves. Wilshere, no idea at this stage. I would love to see him stay, but if you remove the sentimentality he's probably not up to the standard needed at Arsenal now, sadly. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
33 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Debuchy, who knows. He turned down a move to France because the money wasn't good enough so I could see him sitting out his contract in the reserves.

He did agree terms with another French club last month and was booked for a medical and everything- then the club cancelled the medical as they signed somebody else instead. Fuck sake. We WILL sell him eventually.

Hopefully Chambers will stay, or we stick a buyback clause with the deal. Hasn't been much going on with the Palace interest since they told us our asking fee (£20m, I think) was too high. In today's market, he's absolutely a £20m player. That's a similar fee to Harry Maguire and probably less than what Ben Gibson will go for, and Chambers had a good season all things considering. Definitely one of Boro's better players.

I think if there is a positive for Arsenal this season then it might actually be the Europa League and that isn't a dig. I think the competition could do well for the likes of Chambers, Holding, Iwobi and some of the other prospects. Lots of game time for those who might not play in the team every week. 

• Paid Members

Davy Propper, Dutch midfielder who was the only ever-present for PSV last season and Australian international keeper Matthew Ryan. They cost £11m combined and both broke club record when signed. Good signings for a team with a strong foundation already, I think they'll be one of many teams in a relegation battle but they certainly shouldn't be underestimated. I think the same applies with Huddersfield, who have a very good manager.

Aye the relegation battle should be pretty good this season I reckon (as long as we stay up)

All 3 promoted teams are arguably just as good if not slightly better than the 3 teams that were relegated (moreso when you factor in who the managers are). It was tight last season so I think it'll be just as tight again, can't see any team being cut adrift this season like Sunderland were last year and to a lesser extent Middlesbrough.

Id say there's 11 teams that could be relegated when you discount the top 7 last season, Southampton and West Ham.

Watford, Burnley and Us if Rafa leaves, Brighton if he doesn't to go down IMO

• Paid Members

I wouldn't go that far, like i said there horrific at the back but still time to sort that. 

There a team who will have a better season than majority predict were as a team like West Ham who people are high on will disappoint.

• Paid Members

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4209372/premier-league-superstar-opens-his-heart-to-the-sun-in-a-sensational-interview-that-will-leave-one-top-six-side-reeling-and-the-others-scrambling-for-their-cheque-books/

I think this is Danny Rose.

He can fuck off, if it is. Not because he might want to leave but because he went and gave an exclusive to the Sun.

• Paid Members

Comments he made to the media early in the summer fit with comments made in this article, also the fact that United are reportedly after him. I mean, it's almost certainly a Spurs player.

Also, just a couple days ago there was an article about how Rose said he seems himself at Spurs for the rest of his career, so it just makes sense that this would happen.

The bit that doesn't quite fit is this player talks about the club making "more" signings and we haven't signed anybody so...

Archived