General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

Linfield vs Celtic kicks off at 17:00 for anybody that was thinking it was the usual 19:45 Champions League time.

I think less than any fucks were given, to be fair.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

These rumours that Bakayoko failing his Chelsea medical are surely bollocks, this window can't get that much worse for them can it?

Matic and Costa left out of their tour too. Chelsea are going to end up with a couple of ringers for the Community Shield at this rate. Shame.

36 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

These rumours that Bakayoko failing his Chelsea medical are surely bollocks, this window can't get that much worse for them can it?

Matic and Costa left out of their tour too. Chelsea are going to end up with a couple of ringers for the Community Shield at this rate. Shame.

He's been consistently trolling fans for days on Twitter, hinting he was on his way to Manchester, then saying he missed Monaco already with 'stop sign' emojis.

I have to say I've been stunned at how non-plussed Conte seems to be about discarding Diego Costa. I know he's an arse of a man but he's a great striker, hitting his prime and PL proven. I wouldn't be letting him go after missing out on Lukaku, because for me, Alvaro Morata isn't an upgrade on Costa.

13 hours ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

Did you see Leigh Griffiths' booking? Fucking hell. Booked for complaining to the referee about having coins and a wine bottle thrown at him.

Easy win for Celtic, they'll stroll it at Parkhead next week and probably hit Linfield for about 5 or 6.

I have no doubt their 1500 fans will try and start trouble at Celtic Park after they get ranked

. I've seen fans be bad but they tried to hurt players; however I am not shocked. The fine they get will not be enough.

The ref is a fucking idiot and apparently the other officials thought so too for booking Griffiths . 

• Paid Members

Finally the Walker deal got done. I was over the moon with the transfer but seeing all the negativity about him from people and pundits as me questioning if I've totally misjudged him. Time will tell. 

The fee is fine too probably because i'm numbed we payed 50M for Stones who at this time isn't 50% the player i see Walker being.

• Paid Members

I like Walker. But, as I think I'd said previous, his talents lie in getting forward and his actual defending leaves something be desired. But you've bought him at his peak, once his pace goes he'll lose so much of his game.

And from my perspective, whilst I would have been happy to keep him and he's been a great servant for us, I'm not too gutted he's gone. 

Mad to think when we signed him he was just kinda lobbed in with a deal we made with Sheffield United for Kyle Naughton. Naughton was supposed to be the good one.

10 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I have no doubt their 1500 fans will try and start trouble at Celtic Park after they get ranked

. I've seen fans be bad but they tried to hurt players; however I am not shocked. The fine they get will not be enough.

The ref is a fucking idiot and apparently the other officials thought so too for booking Griffiths . 

I'm surprised they'll be allowed into Celtic Park, to be honest - particularly as I'd imagine there will be a few hundred locals among that away support.

It's a shame you can't appeal a yellow, because that was appalling.

• Paid Members

The quality of refereeing at all levels feels like it's at an all time low in my opinion. Something needs doing about it, but the only thing I personally can think of is having referees provided by a totally independent third party firm that is funded by the FA/Football League/UEFA etc, and allow them to be properly scrutinised and assessed. That way, at the governing bodies can put financial penalties if the standard drops below a certain level. 

I know it's no where near a perfect system and I wouldn't like to be the one sorting out the logistics of it, but it will at least allow the referees to be held accountable for bad officiating.

• Paid Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the standard of refereeing in South American football, from what I've seen, is considerably better. I think it's because they're bred in a more demanding footballing climate where shithousing, cheating and general twatty behaviour are not only the norm but positively encouraged. UEFA needs to see how they do it.

22 hours ago, Fox Piss said:

Finally the Walker deal got done. I was over the moon with the transfer but seeing all the negativity about him from people and pundits as me questioning if I've totally misjudged him. Time will tell. 

The fee is fine too probably because i'm numbed we payed 50M for Stones who at this time isn't 50% the player i see Walker being.

I actually think City have got the best end of this deal. I think it was Rummenigge that said that the goal of a transfer isnt just to strengthen yourselves but also to weaken somebody else and City have achieved that here. Yes, Walker had dropped down to number two, but I feel that was more down to Pochettino looking ahead rather than being based on current abilities. £50m for him may seem steep too but times are changing, the big clubs cant really get anyone for under £30m these days and when teams are now bringing in £500m of revenue a year, spending 10% of your revs on a first team player should probably be considered reasonable business now. 

• Paid Members

That's one of my issues with Levy. I don't think we should ever, under any circumstances, sell to a top six Premier League. If Walker wanted to double his money, I'm sure a club in Spain, Italy, Germany or China would have obliged.

5 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

That's one of my issues with Levy. I don't think we should ever, under any circumstances, sell to a top six Premier League. If Walker wanted to double his money, I'm sure a club in Spain, Italy, Germany or China would have obliged.

Exactly. I can't for the life of me think why a club would sell top assets to a rival club without financial pressure to do so. Players seem to have far too much power these days, but when they're contractually bound and the club don't want to sell to a rival, that should be the end of it.

Also, going off on a tangent here - how it's acceptable for players to refuse to return for pre-season training, deliberately perform poorly or become a disruptive influence in the dressing room in order to force a move is beyond me. Clubs should stick these guys in the reserves or let them rot on the sidelines until either their attitude changes or they get an acceptable offer from a club abroad that can't come back to haunt them.

• Paid Members

In this case, it needs to be noted again that whilst Walker's head was certainly turned by a massive wage increase, the fact that he fell out with Poch and was no longer guaranteed to be first choice at right-back also contributed heavily to his leaving. That doesn't excuse WHERE we sold him to, but there ya go.

Archived