The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Noah Southworth said:

It's boxing's version of the Million Dollar Championship. They literally copied Ted DiBiase by commissioning a belt made of gold and covered in diamonds to hand out to the winner.

Exactly and it's glorious. Particularly because you know it probably annoys the purest-types.

• Admin
1 hour ago, lambyUK said:

I appreciate the effort, but there's no chance I'm spending £32 on the fight. 

Cheers though Seanz.

Just as a note - anyone (even non sky customers) can purchase direct from Sky Box office. That's what I've done for this one. You can stream on mobile/tablet/desktop:

http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

You don't need Now TV or a Sky Account and it's £19.95 or whatever.

6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Having an 11 month old son makes it hard to stay up all night watching fights like I used to. If I ordered this on Virgin, could I record it and watch it when I woke up?

I am not certain but it seems you would have to watch it live if this is anything to go by

-----

Go to On Demand, select Pay Per View, Live Events then Current and Bookable Events and follow the on screen instructions.

Once you’ve bought it, you can watch the event as soon as it’s started by going to On Demand > Your Rentals > then select Live Events

To watch go to On Demand> Live Events> Event Bookings.

------

You won't be able to record it via a DVD recorder/VHS either because TiVo has macro vision copyprotection. Unless you buy the event and "book" it to watch at a convenient time. I would ask on the Virginmedia forums as they are more likely to give you the correct answer.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Moo said:

Just as a note - anyone (even non sky customers) can purchase direct from Sky Box office. That's what I've done for this one. You can stream on mobile/tablet/desktop:

http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

You don't need Now TV or a Sky Account and it's £19.95 or whatever.

Yeah, as mentioned you can't put it onto a big screen with a tablet or mobile.

If it's like Sky Go, Sky block screen mirroring and casting. I've borrowed a decent laptop from work so I'm hoping when connecting it to my TV it's not blocked by Sky. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

If it's like Sky Go, Sky block screen mirroring and casting. I've borrowed a decent laptop from work so I'm hoping when connecting it to my TV it's not blocked by Sky. 

Likewise.

I've actually got an old Sky+ box that I was left with when I served out my Sky contract. It still works for Freeview but I can't seem to buy the PPV through it. Makes no sense ... what skin is it off Sky's nose? (Unless I'm just doing something wrong when trying).

• Paid Members
Just now, Chunk said:

Likewise.

I've actually got an old Sky+ box that I was left with when I served out my Sky contract. It still works for Freeview but I can't seem to buy the PPV through it. Makes no sense ... what skin is it off Sky's nose? (Unless I'm just doing something wrong when trying).

It's linked to your viewing card. Basically because you're not a Sky customer anymore, you can't access any of their features, and that includes Sky Box Office.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

It's linked to your viewing card. Basically because you're not a Sky customer anymore, you can't access any of their features, and that includes Sky Box Office.

But any Jo can go online and buy the PPV. They're getting my money, why don't they just let me watch it on the Sky+ box that I paid them for?

You know what I mean?

That just seems to be Sky all over - bunch of money hungry bastards.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Chunk said:

But any Jo can go online and buy the PPV. They're getting my money, why don't they just let me watch it on the Sky+ box that I paid them for?

You know what I mean?

That just seems to be Sky all over - bunch of money hungry bastards.

But for the reasons as mentioned, you get it online and you will either have to go through the farce of hooking your laptop up to the TV (and probably not in HD), or have to watch it on a small screen on your tablet. 

It's to encourage you to become a customer basically. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, lambyUK said:

Sorry - missed that bit. I am planning to hook my laptop up to my TV with a HDMI cable - I don't think they can block that but haven't tried yet.

Worst case I'll watch it on the iPad. I really hate the territorial way Sky handle all this shit. It's absurd and only encourages streaming.

• Paid Members

Any credible source on when the main event starts? I've seen everything from 4.30 to 6am.

Best option for cheapskates who don't like early starts might well be using Tivo/Sky+ to record the Five Live broadcast and 'watch' on Sunday morning.

Archived