World Of Sport Wrestling Pilot

Jon-Carr_92

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITV wouldn't be pushing this, nor spending significant money on Jim Ross, if this was going to be buried away on ITV4.

The idea is clearly bringing back a favourite old brand and staple of the old ITV main channel. ITV do this all the time - look at all the tv shows they've brought back in recent years, like Surprise Surprise and Catchphrase. Just with a new host and lick of paint.

I can see it probably being aired on ITV1 over Christmas.

Hopefully it gets decent viewing figures so that a series follows.

• Paid Members

They aren't pushing it any more than anything else they do. They've only sent out a press release. And even with someone like Jim Ross a studio based wrestling show isn't going to cost much more to produce than an episode of Judge Rinder.

• Moderators

The (I assume) researcher on the phone when we talked about tickets said a Saturday night. So I'm guessing in the half 6 or so All-Star Family Fortunes slot. Economical family programming to lead into the Take Me Outs and X Factors.

• Moderators

The (I assume) researcher on the phone when we talked about tickets said a Saturday night.

It's definitely ITV4 then.
Doubt it. ITV4s remit is males over 30. They seemed very interested in whether children would be coming (over 10s are allowed) and talked about banners and cheering, and the e-tickets are about bright colours and family entertainment.

I think they want a Gladiators style of entertainment in other words.

• Moderators

6:30 on a Saturday night is dead time for family programming before the big guns, not prime time. Hence stuff like Abbamania and shit like that. Actually, 5ish is probably more likely after the Columbo/Bond Film/The Mummy Returns YET AGAIN.

PDC darts fits perfectly within the remit of ITV4. Programming for 30-50 year old males.

If you could name a programme aimed at families on ITV4 I'd be happy to be corrected.

ITV press centre usually confirm the air dates/time slots a few weeks before they broadcast so I guess we'll see.  But I honestly can't see ITV air a 2 hour british wrestling show on their main channel as you estimate between 6.30-8.30 which goes well into prime time TV.

Archived