Book Bound For Glory this Sunday if WWE decides to buy it

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Main Event becomes a Ladder Match but all the ladders are broken. The only way up is a rickety contraption made of said ladders, guardrails, chairs and bits of broken tables. Nobody can find a way traverse this safely enough to retrieve the belt until Matt Hardy says "Wait a minute lads! I've got a great idea!" And the screen cuts to black.

have Jimmy Corkhill sat in the front row throughout the show looking in turns sad, angry and the other one, then when it finishes keep the camera on him as the crowd leave, shouldn't take long. then Jimmy gets out of his chair, runs backstage, turns on all the taps runs back into the ring, spraypaints "GAME OVER" on the canvas, winks at the camera and fucks off. fade to black.

Amazing. I completely forgot that Brookside ended with what was more or less a worked shoot.

Didn't Jimmy Corkhill and the few people left on the close end up literally hanging a drug dealer out of a window as well in that final episode, if I'm remembering correctly?

• Moderators

Yeah, Jack Michaelson (As the bloke who axed Brookside was called Michael Jackson. Not petty at all). Brookside was like the fucking Sopranos for that last few weeks when it moved to one 90 minute episode a week at 11pm.

Yeah, the last year of Brookside went really OTT as I recall, which is saying something considering the story lines from the previous fifteen years or so. I did enjoy it though for all it's craziness, still remember it pretty fondly nowadays and it's sad it won't ever return (I think they turned all of the houses on the close back into residential properties).

• Moderators

You sound like MAB and/or/who possibly is Lee Brady. It can't be brought back as in canon the houses were destoryed for an incinerator and also by the end it had a cast of about 4. And other than Ron Dicko and Jimmy Corkhill it wasn't any major players.

Lorks a lordy, I've never known a programme to go off the rails with such aplomb as Brookie did over it's last few years. From the penthouse to the outhouse. The premier soap, to being worse than Family Affairs was at the time. And Family Affairs had Gareth fucking Hale in it at that juncture.

• Paid Members

I'd start the show with bad news brown, sitting crossed legged in the ring, with his rat in a cage.

To close the show I would have a piece of toast drop out of the sky in to the centre of the ring, similar to how sting entered the ring in wcw.

I'd then have the roster take turns of under arm bowling a sausage down the aisle while Corgan and Dixie brushed the aisle floor as they do in curling, until the sausage hit Sin Cara's spring board. The sausage would spring over the top rope and on to the toast.

The winner (first to land on the toast) gets a contract with NXT.

• Paid Members

I think Brookside was the only soap that I've never watched a single episode of. All I knew about Brookie was that Anna Friel was a rug muncher and she buried Shifty from Bread under the patio.

I'll raise with never having seen a full episode of any British soap except Eastenders and Eldorado. never saw Hone and Away either.

I'd start the show with bad news brown, sitting crossed legged in the ring, with his rat in a cage.

To close the show I would have a piece of toast drop out of the sky in to the centre of the ring, similar to how sting entered the ring in wcw.

I'd then have the roster take turns of under arm bowling a sausage down the aisle while Corgan and Dixie brushed the aisle floor as they do in curling, until the sausage hit Sin Cara's spring board. The sausage would spring over the top rope and on to the toast.

The winner (first to land on the toast) gets a contract with NXT.

I laughed my ass off at this. Love it.

You sound like MAB and/or/who possibly is Lee Brady. It can't be brought back as in canon the houses were destoryed for an incinerator and also by the end it had a cast of about 4. And other than Ron Dicko and Jimmy Corkhill it wasn't any major players.

Lorks a lordy, I've never known a programme to go off the rails with such aplomb as Brookie did over it's last few years. From the penthouse to the outhouse. The premier soap, to being worse than Family Affairs was at the time. And Family Affairs had Gareth fucking Hale in it at that juncture.

Who are Mab and/or Lee Brady?

I heard rumours of Phil Remond wanting to bring back the characters in a spinoff series on Netflix/Amazon. It would be a catch up what the characters are up to now away from the close. This was the plan initially when it was axed on DVD. They did one DVD with Tinhead & Steve. There was supposed to be another with Barry Grant going after Damons killers.

Archived