Evening Withs/Meet and Greets

Zookmaster

So for those who have been to one what are they like?

I've bought a ticket for a evening with Vince Russo down at some pub in London. It's called Wrestlers Court. Special Guests include Carlito,Mickie James,Magnus and.....Bull Dempsey. I've never been to any of these. This sounds kind of fun but knowing what UK wrestling fans are like I probably won't hear any of what they are saying.

A friend of mine went to the Bret Hart one recently in Edinburgh, he wasn't impressed. £35 for a cheap ticket, plus you needed to pay to get anything signed I believe.

I would have gotten a ticket if I had known about it beforehand, but Im now glad I didnt.

Depends on the ticket cost and the setting I suppose. Personally, I would rather spend £5 or £10 on their autobiography.

Heymans one was entertaining, but wasn't worth 35 quid. You get nothing new from them. Went to a live ICW fans podcast that was 5 quid and got loads of unheard stories, that felt more worth what I paid for Heyman. So guess it depends on who is on and how much they have put out before

I went to The New Day (WWE Promoted) one on the April UK tour this year, was a bit steep priced at £99 but it was a small Q&A thing lasting about 45 minutes, then afterwards a meet and greet and photograph. Thought it was quite good that there wasn't too many people and The New Day were themselves so was quite funny and the meet/greet worked better than it would for say Axxess or somewhere like that where its rushed. 

I went to a Raven one in Manchester last weekend. Was pretty decent. For the VIP Price I got a photo with him, a signed 8x10 and an item of my choice signing if I had one, but if I wanted more than 1 item signing, it would be extra per item (I didn't take anything to be signed anyway)

The Q&A was good. Really interesting character Raven anyway, so expected no less.

Going to one with Cody Rhodes next month also, but didn't bother with the photo autograph etc

They had meet and greets included in the main tickets which were around the £100 mark but it wasn't like the main roster shows that charge £400 for ringside, meet and greet which you only get 2 or 3 tops and a goody bag which someone mentioned on here had a snapback and a water bottle. Though I couldn't piece together how they went. IE, how many you'd get to meet and that.

I was going to buy the meet and greet tickets but instead got regular as I wasn't sure how the actual meet and greet works. For instance, I'm a mark for Carlito and Mickie James, but don't give a damn about Magnus or Bull Dempsey so wouldn't want to be in line for a couple of guys I've hardly watched.

I've went to two so far: Hulk Hogan in Sheffield last year and earlier this year to Paul Heyman in London. Both times VIP tickets.

The Hulk Hogan one was brilliant, but that probably also has to do with the fact that he is my childhood hero. Organization was top notch. Hogan really opened up and spoke from the heart re a number of topics. Amazing experience. It was very expensive, but def worth it.

Paul Heyman: less expensive, but Extreme VIP was still 130 GBP if I remember well. This included 2 pics with Heyman, a shirt and two autographs. Front row seating. A nice experience. He was more political correct than Hogan, but it was nice to hear his stories/ thoughts. 

Will go to the Honky Tonk Man's in Londen this November.

I'd attend more if I lived in the UK, but since I'm from Holland attending one of these is not cheap, as it also includes flight and hotel.

I went to a Raven one in Manchester last weekend. Was pretty decent. For the VIP Price I got a photo with him, a signed 8x10 and an item of my choice signing if I had one, but if I wanted more than 1 item signing, it would be extra per item (I didn't take anything to be signed anyway)

The Q&A was good. Really interesting character Raven anyway, so expected no less.

Going to one with Cody Rhodes next month also, but didn't bother with the photo autograph etc

Had no idea Raven was doing one. Any more happening?

Archived