UKFF Fantasy Football League Draft 2016/17

Stinky Dad

It's fantasy footy but not as we know it.

As suggested in the General Football thread I've consulted 'The Mods' and been given the go-ahead to set up a thread.

So, I came across this the other day after a recommendation - http://fantasy.rotopremierleague.com/signin

Basically, it uses an American draft based system to establish which players are on which sides; therein each player only plays for YOUR team if you draft him. Each manager gets 17 picks on a randomised turn based session (at an arranged time) and once all picks are done then you get 100 million spending money for the rest of the season. That can be spent on players who aren't assigned or by bidding for players from other managers.

Seems quite interesting but time will tell. Anyway, each league needs a 'chairman' who goes about setting things up. The league consists of 8, 10 or 12 teams (including the chairman) so that means if you fancy having a go then there's only room for 11 of you in the inaugural league system. 

If you're interested then register that interest below and PM me an email address so that I can send you an invite once the league is set up. In the mean time you can register on the site above. It's free and pretty simple.

Here's a link to all the info you need - http://rotopremierleague.com/help#scoring

Oh, and the league doesn't have to start this week - it can begin at any time so depending on how quick we get this set up we may start scoring from next week, although once we have 12 players and you've accepted the invite we could be good to go. So there you go. Get involved.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, just realised you can link leagues too so say we get a bigger demand I can set up a division one and two meaning promotion and relegation at the end of the season!

I'm thinking of going with the 'category' scoring system. Each week you face a different player and whoever wins the most categories (out of 9) wins that fixture rather than using the normal point scoring ffl system. It may help you when deciding who you want to draft.

Scoring

RPL offers two different scoring styles to choose from: categories or points.

Each method is fully customizable, allowing your league to tailor your system to fit your preferences.

CATEGORY SCORING

Category scoring uses statistical categories to score fantasy matches. Each category (goals, passes completed, goals conceded, etc) may be won, lost or tied. The team that wins more categories wins the match.

ASSISTS

A pass that leads directly to a goal.

Most assists wins category.

CLEAN SHEETS

No goals conceded and player must play 90 minutes.

Most clean sheets wins the category. Applies to DEF and GK only.

DISCIPLINE

Yellow Card = -2 pts

Red Card = -5 pt

(Two yellow cards resulting in a red count the same as a straight red.)

Fewest negative points wins the category.

GOALS

Goals scored minus own goals.

Most goals wins category. By default, Goals category counts double.

GOALS CONCEDED

Goals scored by opposition while player is on the pitch.

MID = -.5 per goal

DEF/GK = -1 per goal

Applies to MID, DEF, and GK only.

Fewest goals conceded wins the category.

Note: a GK/DEF who plays zero minutes is penalized two Goals Conceded; a MID who plays zero minutes is penalized one Goal Conceded

KEY PASSES

Assist = 3 pts

Key Pass = 1 pt

Most Key Pass points wins the category.

(A Key Pass is defined as a pass that leads to a shot-on- target that is saved or blocked.)

MINUTES

Total minutes played by your entire Starting XI.

Most minutes wins the category.

NET PASSES

Successful passes minus unsuccessful passes.

Most Net Passes wins the category.

PASS PERCENTAGE

Successful passes divided by total passes.

Higher pass percentage wins category.

SAVES

Stopping a goal-bound shot. Most saves wins category.

Applies to GK only.

SAVES PER GOAL

Higher saves-per-goal (saves divided by goals conceded) wins category.

Applies to GK only.

Note: the best Saves Per Goal possible is ∞ , if GK concedes no goals.

TACKLES WON

Successfully taking the ball from the man in possession, where the tackler or one of his teammates regains possession.

Most tackles wins category.

TURNOVERS

Turnovers = each time a player is dispossessed or has an unsuccessful touch.

Fewest Turnovers wins category.

By the way, just realised you can link leagues too so say we get a bigger demand I can set up a division one and two meaning promotion and relegation at the end of the season!

I'm thinking of going with the 'category' scoring system. Each week you face a different player and whoever wins the most categories (out of 9) wins that fixture rather than using the normal point scoring ffl system. It may help you when deciding who you want to draft.

I'd prefer the normal point scoring system as i feel it rewards all aspects of the game instead of only have to win 5 categories  

Archived