The Mandela Effect

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

"The Mandela Effect is a term for where a group of people all mis-remember the same detail, event or physicality. It is named after the instance in which a large group of people all shared the same memory that Nelson Mandela lived until 2013, far past his actual death during the 1980s."

So I've been delving into YouTube a little bit and this has fully blown my mind. I wasn't really buying into it until I watched this clip (one minute in)

When the fuck did that change? I've lately started thinking that the world might actually be flat

• Paid Members

Not that it makes it any less batshit mental, but I don't think it's necessarily that some people think Mandela died in the 80s but rather that such an important event - and it should be, right? - is remembered to have happened at many different times. I asked a few friends and got 2009, 2013, 2015 as answers. The Mandela Effect would indicate that those people came from 3 very, very, very slightly different timelines.

Do you think this is because Steve Biko was killed by the Berensrien Bears and a bloke who was once in a band?

Yes, but ultimately it is because of the illuminati who have been secretly funding the The Barenstrewn Bears as a means to put extra Florida in our water supply because Obama is actually cloned from ancient Egyptian Pharohs. It's confusing but if you smoke a fuck load of weed and lock yourself in a dark room watching YouTube videos it will all make sense

Archived